Home » Support » 3D Design » Problems with closing holes
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Problems with closing holes [message #7560] Sat, 31 October 2009 19:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar FalconMiniatures  is currently offline FalconMiniatures
Go to my shop
Hello all, I have been trying to close the holes in my mesh and when I do it screws up the model, putting lines and walls were they shouldnt be.

I am new to all of this so any help would be great! I have attached the stl file.

Thanks

• Attachment: Arch.stl
    (Size: 1.31MB, Downloaded 92 time(s))

Re: Problems with closing holes [message #7561 is a reply to message #7560 ] Sat, 31 October 2009 21:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Eeppium  is currently offline Eeppium
Go to my shop
Hi. i cleaned your mesh for you. there were several holes and a large face area inside the object. i tried upload it and it got thru ok

cant really explain how to fill holes, but try to find some tutorials for the program of your choice.

Re: Problems with closing holes [message #7562 is a reply to message #7561 ] Sat, 31 October 2009 22:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Wow thanks! I just started doing this king of stuff....and im using sketchup and I see many others have problems with it as well. Thanks again!
Re: Problems with closing holes [message #7564 is a reply to message #7562 ] Sun, 01 November 2009 18:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
May I ask what program you used to fix my model? I have several mor models done in sketchup that have the same problem, and meshlabs seems to keep crashing when I try to use it to fix my holes. Thanks for the help.
Re: Problems with closing holes [message #7575 is a reply to message #7564 ] Mon, 02 November 2009 13:31 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Eeppium  is currently offline Eeppium
Go to my shop
I used blender3D to fix your model. http://www.blender.org/
it can be bit hard to learn at start, but i reccommend it (being the only program ive ever used Razz )

Previous Topic:shape is PERFECT in magics> non-manifold for shapeways.
Next Topic:manifold error

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.