Home »  » It arrived! » Gold Plated Myth Skull
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Gold Plated Myth Skull [message #73525] Fri, 23 August 2013 03:35 UTC Go to next message
avatar rubyscooby  is currently offline rubyscooby
Go to my shop
I just got my newest print and it's beautiful. Great job once again Shapeways! My friend who is a hat designer (Indra Lowenstein) drew some sketches on a napkin for these little skulls so we could make them to put on hats. The metal one had to be printed much bigger and is too heavy for a hat but I love it. We used the White strong flexible and the black for the hats as they are lightweight. I think I'm going to make this into a necklace.

Hope you like it!

Ruby

index.php?t=getfile&id=39033&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=39034&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=39035&private=0

• Attachment: IMG_1130.jpg
    (Size: 2.64MB, Downloaded 675 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_1155.jpg
    (Size: 3.93MB, Downloaded 661 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_1154.jpg
    (Size: 4.04MB, Downloaded 657 time(s))

[Updated on: Fri, 23 August 2013 12:37 UTC] by Moderator

Re: Gold Plated Myth Skull [message #73539 is a reply to message #73525 ] Fri, 23 August 2013 12:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Wow! I love them! What do you use to model?

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Gold Plated Myth Skull [message #73545 is a reply to message #73525 ] Fri, 23 August 2013 14:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
This is amazing.

I just featured it on the Shapeways blog.

http://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/2235-3D-Printing-Myth ical-Beasts-The-Cat-Skull-with-Antelope-Horns.html

You should put it up for sale in your shop. I am sure it would sell.

Duann Scott, Designer Evangelist, Shapeways
Re: Gold Plated Myth Skull [message #73555 is a reply to message #73545 ] Fri, 23 August 2013 15:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I used Zbrush to model it from reference photos I found on the internet. Wohoo I made it to the blog. That's fantastic! Razz
Re: Gold Plated Myth Skull [message #73564 is a reply to message #73525 ] Fri, 23 August 2013 16:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MrNibbles  is currently offline MrNibbles
Go to my shop
Did you use gold plated brass or stainless steel for that? It looks awesome.

[Updated on: Fri, 23 August 2013 16:55 UTC]

Re: Gold Plated Myth Skull [message #73565 is a reply to message #73525 ] Fri, 23 August 2013 16:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Tresob  is currently offline Tresob
Go to my shop
That's pretty wild...it's like the evil cousin of a jackaloupe.
Re: Gold Plated Myth Skull [message #73577 is a reply to message #73565 ] Fri, 23 August 2013 18:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
It's stainless steel Gold Plated.
Re: Gold Plated Myth Skull [message #73639 is a reply to message #73525 ] Sun, 25 August 2013 15:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jannaee  is currently offline jannaee
Go to all my models
I just saw this via Shapeways' news feed. So awesome looking. It especially caught my eye because I'm working on a cat skull creation myself. I didn't realize someone had already beat met to the punch! I love this! And btw, how do you like zbrush? Have you used other programs? What tools do you use when modelling this?
Re: Gold Plated Myth Skull [message #73645 is a reply to message #73639 ] Sun, 25 August 2013 19:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Glad you like it. I do 3D animation for a living so have used many different programs. It really depends on what you want to do. Zbrush is the best for creating organic shapes. It's different than other programs where you move points and extrude splines. It's more of a digital clay. I love it. For more precise and geometrical designs you might want to use something else. If I were to do a ring or needed a specific size I would create the base in Cinema 4D or Maya. Zbrush also has a free program called sculptris ( I think thats the name). I did this with photo reference taken from the internet. 3D scanners are getting cheaper now though and I just got a primesense scanner for a job. I might try scanning in a skull next time to see how well it works. Good luck and be sure to post whatever you make.

Ruby
Re: Gold Plated Myth Skull [message #73647 is a reply to message #73645 ] Sun, 25 August 2013 19:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Oh and to the last question next time I'll make a video for you to see the process. I make a sphere then Dynamesh it, then just use clay buildup brush along with standard brush. You can export it in Zbrush using the plugin that comes with it. I made the skulls and horns separate so you can mix and match by them by using mesh insert brush or just loading and merging the subtools.
Re: Gold Plated Myth Skull [message #74133 is a reply to message #73525 ] Tue, 03 September 2013 17:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Very nice pendant to be... Dynamesh has to be THE best ZBrush change ever introduced by Pixologic, and if memory serves it was soon after they acquired Sculptris.

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Gold Plated Myth Skull [message #74540 is a reply to message #73525 ] Wed, 11 September 2013 05:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar maskadelic  is currently offline maskadelic
Go to my shop
Gnarly design! the grain really adds to the organic nature of it too

Previous Topic:Adventure Time Finn for friend
Next Topic:First Gold Platted Brass arrived :)

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.