Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » I will pay someone to make my polygon STL printable
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
I will pay someone to make my polygon STL printable [message #73084] Wed, 14 August 2013 23:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar nikkw0ng  is currently offline nikkw0ng
Go to all my models
I have had NO luck with netfabb or similar edtiors to put my polygon together! I'm having an issue with a wall. That I can't put together. Can someone please help. I will pay you 10$. I don't think it should be that hard. I'm basically buying you a free meal! Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 August 2013 23:57 UTC]

Re: I will pay someone to make my polygon STL printable [message #73094 is a reply to message #73084 ] Thu, 15 August 2013 05:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Ok 20$ Mad
Re: I will pay someone to make my polygon STL printable [message #73097 is a reply to message #73094 ] Thu, 15 August 2013 05:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
If you really want to pay someone, try posting in '3D Modeller needed'.

Otherwise, why not give a few more details and maybe someone will help for free!
What software are you using, what problems are you having? Can you share a file?
Re: I will pay someone to make my polygon STL printable [message #73101 is a reply to message #73097 ] Thu, 15 August 2013 08:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Sorry! Here it is! There is a problem with one of the walls!!! I have been working on it for three days so frustrating Embarassed Mad

Re: I will pay someone to make my polygon STL printable [message #73103 is a reply to message #73101 ] Thu, 15 August 2013 11:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi,

well the handle looks good!

I ran the model through Netfabb Basic (which is free) and made a simple repair, which fixed some issues but not all.

The problems I have seen:
1. There are some stray vertices. There are some in the middle of the object which look like they should not be there, and at least one on an end face;
2. The meshes you have created are not watertight and non-manifold. To make a mesh to print each part must be a watertight mesh and the different meshes must overlap, they cannot just touch. Non-manifold means that a Vertex, an Edge or a Face of one mesh exactly coincides with one of these attributes of another mesh;
3. I'm guessing that your model was constructed in SketchUp, which unfortunately I know nothing about, but there are some very knowledgeable (and helpful) guys on the forums JACANT and Denali3ddesign among others. If you search out their posts on this subject I am sure you will find it helpful. The problem essentially seems to be that you have 'tiled' together elements without actually joining them.

I hope this helps a little bit,

good luck
Re: I will pay someone to make my polygon STL printable [message #73122 is a reply to message #73103 ] Thu, 15 August 2013 17:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Keymaker  is currently offline Keymaker
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
i look at it but my program crashed while i was trying to figure it out Very Happy

But i believe i can fix it. (maybe it will be easier to just remodel it)

The only thing that limits us is our imagination.
Re: I will pay someone to make my polygon STL printable [message #73128 is a reply to message #73122 ] Thu, 15 August 2013 19:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Whoever can fix it, I will definitely pay! 3d modeling is not for me!
Re: I will pay someone to make my polygon STL printable [message #73130 is a reply to message #73128 ] Thu, 15 August 2013 19:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I will upgrade pay to 30$. I Would really like this done! Thanks!
Re: I will pay someone to make my polygon STL printable [message #73131 is a reply to message #73130 ] Thu, 15 August 2013 19:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I will upgrade pay to 30$. I would really like this done. Confused Thanks!
Re: I will pay someone to make my polygon STL printable [message #73132 is a reply to message #73131 ] Thu, 15 August 2013 20:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Keymaker  is currently offline Keymaker
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Here you have it.

It took me just half an hour Very Happy

The only thing that limits us is our imagination.
Re: I will pay someone to make my polygon STL printable [message #73133 is a reply to message #73132 ] Thu, 15 August 2013 20:32 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Thank u SOOO much!!!! I've messaged you about payment thanks!!! Such a headache relieved Laughing

Previous Topic:Truck cab model needed
Next Topic:designer/modeler needed for wedding gifts

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.