Home » Support » 3D Design » Polygon limit question??
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Polygon limit question?? [message #73035] Wed, 14 August 2013 06:37 UTC Go to next message
avatar mhy3d  is currently offline mhy3d
Go to my shop
I have now seen 1 million triangles mentioned as the max polygon limit.

But I just uploaded successfully a model with almost 1 million quads.
Not tripled, mind you, but the original quads I got from freezing a subdivision model.
So tripled it would be around 2 million.

And the system accepted them just fine in STL format, which I thought didn´t support quads.

So, will they print, or do I have to re-upload versions that are strictly below a 1 million limit in a tripled state?

Thx in advance

[Updated on: Wed, 14 August 2013 06:46 UTC]

mhy3d-Chris
Re: Polygon limit question?? [message #73037 is a reply to message #73035 ] Wed, 14 August 2013 08:20 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Check your STL with netfabb studio basic to see how many polygons it actually has - perhaps your software uses
different settings for on screen display and stl export, and the STL mesh is much coarser than you intended.
(That is assuming the shapeways preview actually resembles your model - an alternative explanation would be
that most of your object was thrown away during import - if this happened to internal geometry of a supposedly
hollow object, it will drive the price up)

Previous Topic:Hollow without escape holes possible?
Next Topic:Is it even possible?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.