Home » Support » Buying » UPS Can't Driver-Release Packages
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
UPS Can't Driver-Release Packages [message #73012] Tue, 13 August 2013 19:17 UTC Go to next message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
Hey Shapeways,

I received that hated little yellow slip on my door this morning (I was expecting 10 packages). The UPS driver was nice enough (seems like a contradiction in terms, but my new local driver is nice enough - referred to UPS as "f--kin' crooks" when I explained the brokerage fees to him) to also leave this note on the yellow slip:

"It doesn't allow me to driver release packages anymore, contact shipper and find out why."

So here I am. Was there a change in the way Shapeways ships? If there was, I would have appreciated being told beforehand. I'm not yet sure if this change is for the better or worse, but keeping us informed ought to be a top priority.
Re: UPS Can't Driver-Release Packages [message #73054 is a reply to message #73012 ] Wed, 14 August 2013 16:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
There appears to be a lot of confusion going on there. Yesterday's driver told me it was because of the shipper - today's told me it was because of UPS themselves - and when I called UPS, they said none of the packages required a signature in the first place.
Re: UPS Can't Driver-Release Packages [message #73055 is a reply to message #73054 ] Wed, 14 August 2013 16:29 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Sounds like a pair of drivers need to go back to training.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:Orders Mixed Up - No Reply from Customer Service
Next Topic:Prices Euro vs. Dollar different?