Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Youknowwho4eva, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    [​IMG]
    Wine Charm - Ball And Chain by Williamashman

This weekend we're going bridal, being wedding season and all. We've seen some interesting wedding additions, and this weekend we want to see your custom editions. What would you customize in your wedding? Custom cake topper, ring(s), cuff links, 3D printed vows? The choice is yours, and the winner will get some custom Shapeways cash. And our PR will love you forever (not that they won't already).

Rules:
    1) Post here a pretty picture/render showing your design
    2) Tell us how you envision your design being used
    3) Any material(s)

Deadline is end of day Tuesday

That's all, so strike up the 3D printed wedding bells and get designing.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  2. Daphne
    Daphne Well-Known Member
    Of course, if I'd get married, I'd would design the rings myself. I don't have a design yet (if I did, I'd probably scare the living shit out of my boyfriend).
    Hmm. Lets think of something else.

3. leorolph
    leorolph Member
    Some bonbonerie gifts for wedding guests, they also make great cake toppers. the little bird rocks easily back and forth. With some difficulty I painted the little birds.
    IMG_3242.jpg

4. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Interesting symbolism to use at a wedding. :twisted:

5. Daphne
    Daphne Well-Known Member
    Ok, so no rings, but I did some jewelry. I designed a package of three things. Because the nice thing of customizing things, is that you can make everything matching. So I took a flower and made a pendant, bracelet and gift with it.

First of all, the pendant. This one is for the bride. It has a flower and two leaves with letters on them. The letters, of course, being of the names of the bride and groom.

Secondly, the bracelets. These are for the bridesmaids. With same bridesmaids dresses there is a need for braidsmaids jewelry. The bracelet has the same flower and leaves. The leaves are connected to the chain of the bracelets. The rest of the chain and lock isn't in the shown render.

And last, the gifts for the guests. It are keychains. The contain everything, the blooming flower of love and the leaves with names that are now connected and with that, form a ring. For if you love symbolism.
    complete set.jpg

The pendant should be made in silver. The bracelets and gifts could best be made in plastic. Gifts because silver is way to expensive for that. The bracelets so the chain could be printed with the bracelet.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  6. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    Indeed, but which party does the caged bird represent?

7. leorolph
    leorolph Member
    haha... true, which.

In my eyes it more represents the holding onto something beautiful, to not let it go, the beauty inside, saved for your loved one that only they have access to.. lovebirds, song, summer, treasure and delicate touch.
    I suppose its something that has many meanings, especially in reference to weddings and will probably cause a bit of a laugh and be talked about when used on that special day, which cant be a bad thing. Weddings can be a bit stressful and something to get a giggle and breaks the ice is good:).. I'm sure it would be mentioned in the wedding speech too.

Also people can have a laugh over it when they take them home from the wedding, a reminder that will always bring a smile. Also bonbonerie gifts can be an expensive addition to a wedding and spending more than a couple of dollars on each gift would really break the bank, and at just over $2 each these are quite affordable and the birds can be painted to match the weddings colour theme.

8. i8kermit
    i8kermit Well-Known Member
    130417_Ahava1.jpg
    What better grooms gift than cufflinks expressing love? These cufflinks are inspired by the Love statue in Jerusalem, and read "Ahava," the Hebrew word for love. There is a Jewish custom for the bride and groom to exchange gifts after the ceremony, right before the reception, and it's typically something each can wear/use right away. More often than not, the gift a bride gives is that of cufflinks. These were done as a special commission for a wedding. Thanks to DoxPhoto for the great image. They give a new meaning to wearing your heart on your sleeve :)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  9. 1)
    [​IMG]

2) I envision many of these woven bells being attached to individual lights on a strand of Christmas lights.

3) I think the White Strong and Flexible material would be best!

10. Hanyin
    Hanyin Member
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  11. My design is a custom wine bottle stopper. It could have any text on top of it.
    The design in the picture is with the "RED WINE" text.

It could also have the wedding date on it, or the bride's name. Endless possibilities.

For more information visit http://www.3dartifex.nl

IMG_9789[1].JPG

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  12. 24776_deleted
    24776_deleted Member
    Inseparable!
    IMG_1147.jpg

This shall bring you together every morning!

13. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    many great ideas in this topic!

14. bartv
    bartv Member
    Yes, absolutely! I'm almost sorry I'm already married ;)

15. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    I still have a long way to go, so keep them coming!

16. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    That's what anniversaries are for. :D
    I printed a necklace pendant in WhiteDetal and had a jeweler friend cast it into silver for our 30th wedding anniversary... about a month before Shapeways started offering Silver.

17. MrNib
    MrNib Well-Known Member
    My fear of this subject has prevented me from submitting an entry. And it damn near prevented me from opening the thread. But had I entered something it likely would have been an elasto garter belt for throwing after a wedding which could also have a dual-use function as a large rubber band for rubber band holding applications.

18. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Again amazing results!

leorolph's caged birds - Beautiful design with many meanings
    Daphne's Jewelry set - Wonderful work as always Daphne.
    i8kermit's cufflinks - traditional and classy. Very nice.
    jallwine's light bells - A new twist to decorations!
    Hanyin's hat - That phoenix is hot!
    Dennismartens's wine stopper - An oldie but a goodie
    kspaho's mug - Awesome symbology and photography

So this weeks winner. Kspaho. We felt this truly showed the union of marriage and customization with Shapeways. A match made in customized 3D manufactured heaven.

19. bartv
    bartv Member
    So true! I just bought my wife this model of the town hall where we got married:

https://www.shapeways.com/model/868096/raadhuis-hilversum.htm l

It's still a surprise, don't tell her ;)

Bart