Home »  » Suggestions » Does Shapeways support OBJ MTL files yet?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Does Shapeways support OBJ MTL files yet? [message #72227] Fri, 26 July 2013 13:18 UTC Go to next message
avatar bsabiston  is currently offline bsabiston
Go to all my models
Hello,

I've had an iOS modeling application "Voxel" for several years now. For the past year it has supported printing through Sculpteo. I looked at Shapeways but they didn't accept OBJ files, (unbelievably to me since they are practically the simplest format out there). I saw a post from 2011 saying that OBJ files were now accepted but that MTL files (the ones where you specify the color) are not.

I was wondering if Shapeways supports MTL files yet? I am not talking about textures or anything fancy, just the ability to specify the color of polygons.

Thanks
Bob
Re: Does Shapeways support OBJ MTL files yet? [message #72228 is a reply to message #72227 ] Fri, 26 July 2013 13:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Not yet... Let me move this to the suggestions section because I want this as well!

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Does Shapeways support OBJ MTL files yet? [message #85443 is a reply to message #72227 ] Wed, 26 February 2014 00:03 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bsabiston  is currently offline bsabiston
Go to all my models
Is there any chance of this happening in my lifetime? I don't understand why you would support much more complicated formats and not the simplest.

Previous Topic:All Section on Shops
Next Topic:ratings for our products?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.