Home » Community » It arrived! » Tracker Ball by OSKAR & BRAM
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Tracker Ball by OSKAR & BRAM [message #71896] Sat, 20 July 2013 10:52 UTC Go to next message
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Tracker Ball is based on an idea by Bram Cohen. Tracker ball is a twisty puzzle that looks nothing like a Rubik's Cube. It has one big spherical gear with 20 teeth (icosahedron) and three small spherical gears with 8 holes (octahedron). The big sphere gear rolls like a tracker ball supported by the three smaller sphere gears that act like ball bearings.

In its solved state, the green tooth of the tracker ball is inside the green hole of one small ball, the red tooth of the tracker ball is inside the red hole of the second small ball, and the blue tooth of the tracker ball is inside the blue hole of the third small ball.

Watch the YouTube video of the new Shapeways version.
Watch the YouTube video of the original version, presented by Bram Cohen.
Buy the puzzle at my Shapeways Shop.
Read more at the Twisty Puzzles Forum.
Check out the photos below.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=36976&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=36977&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=36978&private=0

[Updated on: Sat, 20 July 2013 10:53 UTC]

Re: Tracker Ball by OSKAR & BRAM [message #74979 is a reply to message #71896 ] Wed, 18 September 2013 14:39 UTC Go to previous message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Wow cool, I bet Matt (or Quality Engineer) would like this, he has about 20 puzzles on his desk!

Shapeways Community Manager

Previous Topic:Colorful bicycle accessories
Next Topic:Pad Carry

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.