Home » Support » Suggestions » Shop sections
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shop sections [message #71788] Thu, 18 July 2013 10:52 UTC Go to next message
avatar Freakazoitt  is currently offline Freakazoitt
Go to my shop
Why there is no RENAME option in shop sections? It's so time consuming to delete section, make another with new name and add stuff there again one-by-one
Re: Shop sections [message #78015 is a reply to message #71788 ] Fri, 01 November 2013 22:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pticawr  is currently offline pticawr
Go to my shop
As an extension to this, making it easier to work with sections:
1. By allowing the sections to be assigned to any product - whether or not a product is visible or for sale.
2. Move the selection drop down from the bottom of the page so that it is near the Categories and Tags.
3. Allow a default section to be selected so that when visiting the shop it will always start on that section (instead of displaying everything - which may be inconvenient if selling product sets with multiple parts).
Re: Shop sections [message #78127 is a reply to message #78015 ] Mon, 04 November 2013 11:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Thanks! I'll be adding these to our internal suggestions list. I'm not sure that idea 2. is still relevant, now that we've redesigned the product page?

Bart

[Updated on: Mon, 04 November 2013 11:19 UTC]

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Shop sections [message #78174 is a reply to message #78127 ] Mon, 04 November 2013 18:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pticawr  is currently offline pticawr
Go to my shop
Re: Idea 2
I'm referring to the Edit Details page which currently shows the Shop Section selection drop down at the very bottom of the page - it took me a long time to find it. I would expect it to be near the Category/Tag selection.
Re: Shop sections [message #78183 is a reply to message #78174 ] Mon, 04 November 2013 20:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
+1
Shop sections should be above the prices.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Shop sections [message #78191 is a reply to message #78183 ] Mon, 04 November 2013 22:52 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stannum is currently online stannum
Go to my shop
New layout seems to love up and down scrolling, with lots of side space wasted in every item and around the center column. Telling people to use a wide screen but rotated?

Shop section could go to the right of categories. The "public" and "for sale" toggles could go side by side. And include the "allow downloads" and "co-creator" controls in the same box too, they are all about what the item is/allows or not. Some controls have "update" button, others have none so guess how it works.

Previous Topic:Suggestion for Shapeways
Next Topic:My Suggestion List...

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.