Civil War Robot Action Figure is here!

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by 375469_deleted, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Finally got my first model from Shapeways! I really liked how my robot action figure based on the civil war ironclad USS Monitor came out. I was finally able to take pictures of it and post it for public sale on my shop. I will probably try to take some better pictures of it but I am just so excited and pleased about how it turned out. My hope is that other people out there will enjoy it just as much as I did.

https://www.shapeways.com/model/1199034/civil-war-ironclad-u ss-monitor-robot-action-figure.html?li=productBox-search

Attached Files:

• IC2.jpg

IC2.jpg

File size:
      43.4 KB
      Views:
    • IC4.jpg

IC4.jpg

File size:
      39.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Spectoys
    Spectoys Well-Known Member
    I love This !! Fantastic Job !!

3. Thanks for the positive feedback. I spent a lot of time on this model trying to get the design to work and to bring a few characteristics of the USS Monitor into the design. This thing makes a great office cubical pal! I haven't painted him yet but I have a larger version (5" tall) that I made on an Afinia printer. This robot definitely looks sharp once you paint the shield red white and blue with the body being painted black or dark gray.

Attached Files:

4. Tresob
    Tresob Member
    That little guy looks like a lot of fun! Well done!

Now, you just need to figure out how to make him transform into the ship...

5. Thanks! He is super cute to have around. Makes a great office cubical mate.

Having it transform would be an amazing capability. Would make a cool "history series" offshoot for the Transformers franchise. I wonder who would win in a fight, Megatron or Ironclad the Civil War Robot Action Figure? :D Also, I could start working on a CSS Virginia (Merrimack) version...hmmm