Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » It arrived! » Civil War Robot Action Figure is here!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Civil War Robot Action Figure is here! [message #71633] Mon, 15 July 2013 20:20 UTC Go to next message
avatar DSnow  is currently offline DSnow
Go to my shop
Finally got my first model from Shapeways! I really liked how my robot action figure based on the civil war ironclad USS Monitor came out. I was finally able to take pictures of it and post it for public sale on my shop. I will probably try to take some better pictures of it but I am just so excited and pleased about how it turned out. My hope is that other people out there will enjoy it just as much as I did.

https://www.shapeways.com/model/1199034/civil-war-ironclad-u ss-monitor-robot-action-figure.html?li=productBox-search

• Attachment: IC2.jpg
    (Size: 43.39KB, Downloaded 172 time(s))

• Attachment: IC4.jpg
    (Size: 39.93KB, Downloaded 109 time(s))

Re: Civil War Robot Action Figure is here! [message #71877 is a reply to message #71633 ] Fri, 19 July 2013 15:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Spectoys  is currently offline Spectoys
Go to my shop
I love This !! Fantastic Job !!
Civil War Robot Action Figure painted [message #71914 is a reply to message #71877 ] Sat, 20 July 2013 23:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks for the positive feedback. I spent a lot of time on this model trying to get the design to work and to bring a few characteristics of the USS Monitor into the design. This thing makes a great office cubical pal! I haven't painted him yet but I have a larger version (5" tall) that I made on an Afinia printer. This robot definitely looks sharp once you paint the shield red white and blue with the body being painted black or dark gray.

Re: Civil War Robot Action Figure painted [message #72240 is a reply to message #71914 ] Fri, 26 July 2013 19:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Tresob  is currently offline Tresob
Go to my shop
That little guy looks like a lot of fun! Well done!

Now, you just need to figure out how to make him transform into the ship...
Re: Civil War Robot Action Figure painted [message #72244 is a reply to message #72240 ] Sat, 27 July 2013 01:22 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thanks! He is super cute to have around. Makes a great office cubical mate.

Having it transform would be an amazing capability. Would make a cool "history series" offshoot for the Transformers franchise. I wonder who would win in a fight, Megatron or Ironclad the Civil War Robot Action Figure? Very Happy Also, I could start working on a CSS Virginia (Merrimack) version...hmmm

Previous Topic:HO scale electric streetcar
Next Topic:Woven hearts collection and more

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.