Home » Community » It arrived! » Civil War Robot Action Figure is here!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Civil War Robot Action Figure is here! [message #71633] Mon, 15 July 2013 20:20 UTC Go to next message
avatar DSnow  is currently offline DSnow
Go to my shop
Finally got my first model from Shapeways! I really liked how my robot action figure based on the civil war ironclad USS Monitor came out. I was finally able to take pictures of it and post it for public sale on my shop. I will probably try to take some better pictures of it but I am just so excited and pleased about how it turned out. My hope is that other people out there will enjoy it just as much as I did.

https://www.shapeways.com/model/1199034/civil-war-ironclad-u ss-monitor-robot-action-figure.html?li=productBox-search

• Attachment: IC2.jpg
    (Size: 43.39KB, Downloaded 152 time(s))

• Attachment: IC4.jpg
    (Size: 39.93KB, Downloaded 86 time(s))

Re: Civil War Robot Action Figure is here! [message #71877 is a reply to message #71633 ] Fri, 19 July 2013 15:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Spectoys  is currently offline Spectoys
Go to my shop
I love This !! Fantastic Job !!
Civil War Robot Action Figure painted [message #71914 is a reply to message #71877 ] Sat, 20 July 2013 23:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks for the positive feedback. I spent a lot of time on this model trying to get the design to work and to bring a few characteristics of the USS Monitor into the design. This thing makes a great office cubical pal! I haven't painted him yet but I have a larger version (5" tall) that I made on an Afinia printer. This robot definitely looks sharp once you paint the shield red white and blue with the body being painted black or dark gray.

Re: Civil War Robot Action Figure painted [message #72240 is a reply to message #71914 ] Fri, 26 July 2013 19:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Tresob  is currently offline Tresob
Go to my shop
That little guy looks like a lot of fun! Well done!

Now, you just need to figure out how to make him transform into the ship...
Re: Civil War Robot Action Figure painted [message #72244 is a reply to message #72240 ] Sat, 27 July 2013 01:22 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thanks! He is super cute to have around. Makes a great office cubical mate.

Having it transform would be an amazing capability. Would make a cool "history series" offshoot for the Transformers franchise. I wonder who would win in a fight, Megatron or Ironclad the Civil War Robot Action Figure? Very Happy Also, I could start working on a CSS Virginia (Merrimack) version...hmmm

Previous Topic:HO scale electric streetcar
Next Topic:Woven hearts collection and more