Velma model

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by TylerJones, Jul 15, 2013.

1. TylerJones
    TylerJones Member
    My Velma just arrived and I'm so excited! She's a little unstable so I'll have to glue her to the base, but she looks great. The size and quality are great, especially considering that I got the cost under $22!

You can check it out and order your own here: https://shpws.me/oq2r

I made this purely for fun and so I could have one on my shelf. I do not own the rights to this character and I am not making any profit on it, though I am available for hire here: https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=14857 &start=0&
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Jinkies that looks great!

3. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Yes, very good job. With all the hoopla here recently with Marvel sending out "cease and desist" letters through Shapeways, would your "no profit" still make this acceptable? Shapeways makes money of each sale, even if you don't... Not trying to give you a hard time here, just playing Devil's advocate, as it were. Maybe Hanna-Barbera could care less!

4. TylerJones
    TylerJones Member
    I don't know about the legality; I just wanted to make a model for myself and offer other fans the opportunity to have one as well. If they take it down then that's how it has to be. But I hope they don't.

5. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    I hope they don't either. I certainly know how you feel and am in total agreement with how you handled it. Now get on and make the rest of the crew!

6. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    Yes, a good question - why start with Velma?

7. TylerJones
    TylerJones Member
    I just like the character and noticed there aren't too many good figures out there. I've been going through a Scooby-Doo kick since watching the recent shows and animated movies and noticing how much funnier and better animated they are than the old reruns I watched as a kid.

Probably not going to make other Scooby characters, though. There are lots of other characters from other shows that I want to make instead, and aside from these personal projects I'm still trying to find some paid work.