Suggestions Guidelines

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Youknowwho4eva, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Hi shapies!

In this topic, feel free to share any changes you'd like to see with the website, your shops, your models, or your overall experience. This is the place to help us make the Shapeways experience more enjoyable. So tell use your improvement ideas.

For issues with specific orders or uploads, please email service@shapeways.com.

Thank you!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  2. Sylvestero
    Sylvestero Member
    I hope this is right place to leave this message:
    I think website navigation is a nightmare: before I uploaded models I had look for informations in few different places. Now I just opened a shop and I don't know how to add models to this shop because there is "add model to shop button".
    This is so discouraqging that I think I will end my advanture with shapeways right here.
    Sylvester

3. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    You simply hit the UPLOAD button at the top right on any (every) page.
    Any uploaded items are added to your account (your shop).

After Upload, you EDIT the model and on the SELLING page you pick whether you want the item to be purchasable or not, along with the markup, etc.

Image1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  4. shrap_x
    shrap_x Active Member
    I would like a way to order my models. If I have different models that are part of a group., I would like to be able to sort them next to each other. Displaying my models in alphabetical order would do this even.
    Similarly, being able to list your product as part of a group or set would be nice. That way, someone who clicks on item 1 will know that they (should) also get item 2 and 3.
    Just a thought.

5. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    Any chance of having Unglazed option for Ceramic prints? Many people expressed interest back when the material was first make available for public, but nothing came of it. Now it appears the process is quite different than before, and maybe Unglazed, once (or twice) fired, ceramic prints are viable option?

Lilichi likes this.
  6. deverson
    deverson Member
    hello! my name is DON, VERY INTESTED I HO SCALES CARNIVAL RIDES. I THINK IT WOULD HELP TO MENTION THIS GROUP AS 1 OF YOURS LISTS (SHOP). I JUST HAPPEN TO SEE YOU ON CAROUSLE MAGAZINE. BUT WHEN YOU LOG INTO YOUR (SHOP) AREA. SCALE MODEL CARNIVAL IS NOT MENTIONED. THNAKS

7. duchesslong
    duchesslong Member
    Not sure of the logistics of this, is there a way to either give items that have near identical design like the 20-30 pages of minecraft characters with just variant skins or the similarly large numbers of portrait statues. or condense in a subset of their category. They make it a nightmare of boredom to shop when you hit a patch of 10-60 pages of them.

8. 97886_deleted
    97886_deleted Member
    Hello,
    Please excuse my ignorance if this has been covered elsewhere.
    I find that on my home PC, this site is atrociously slow!
    Granted, my home PC is not connected to a very hi-speed internet, but it's all I have to work with.
    The site appears to be more geared towards mobile devises? Would that be correct?

Could the picture hosting process be stream lined at all? That is what takes so long to load, specially if a page of a supplier has a lot of product.. I've had instances (again just 5 minutes ago..) where a page took over 2 minutes to load, and NO pictures even showed on the page?? What!!

Please, please.....make smaller pics, or make them load faster, some how.
    Cheers
    Greg

9. ehincapiem
    ehincapiem Active Member
    Variants need to be improved

1: add size from 1:10000 in mm or in like ring sizes

2: add Variant 1:100 that way we can have several models in one group

3: kit creation, sale different parts from different materials in one product