Dan from Chicago

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by 384831_deleted, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Just wanted to say hello to everyone out there. I am a new member here and 3d printing enthusiast. This technology is some powerful stuff. It is time for us to harness it's infinite potential... Join me.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Hope you can help us fulfill the potential! Feel free to tell us more about you.

3. 24 from chicago.

bachelors degree: sociology

build my first PC when i was 13.

built multiple remote control airplanes by age 15.

hit a hole in one golfing age 16.

ready to think outside the box to make big things happen in the world of 3d manufacturing age 24.

How about yourself?

4. Youknowwho4eva
    :laughing: I think I may have done an introduction several years ago.

27 from the middle of some cornfields in Maryland

A degree in Awesome (never completed my AA in Engineering technologies)

Was in the Engineering Club in Middle School, where we took home the gold every year at the Engineering Challenge held in Baltimore.

Have been thinking outside the box here at SW since 2008, almost as long as SW has been around.

Now I make cool things, that I need to share more, and moderate the forums.

5. You gotta teach me a thing or 2 about this technology.

Its amazing.

how do you like SW?

Where can I check out the things you have made?

Do employees at SW generally believe this technology is the future?

Cool stuff man this is awesome.

6. Youknowwho4eva
    I can answer your first 2 with this picture
    howto.png
    I've been a member Since September of 2008. Going on 5 years, so I'd say I like SW.
    And if you click on Go to my Shop, you'll see all my public models. Lately I've been keeping my stuff more private. Experimental crazy stuff that I'll share if/when complete.
    3D printing is the now and the future. Right now we are only at the surface of possibility. There's a 3D printer in space. The plan is to build Colonies on the moon using 3D printers that glue moon dust together. Prosthetic limbs are being printed, organs are around the corner. Soon there will be printers that can print out a cell phone, computer, TV. The materials we offer today, will probably be available for your desktop printer in the near future. We'll have to wait for a quantum physicist to make a 3D printer for Earl Grey hot though.

7. I want to 3d print my own personal home.

Constructed in a cement substance that bonds and dries well, and obviously is reliable to keep the elements out.

Created in the form of the great pyramids.

3d printed from the ground up.

Do you think this is possible with all of your knowledge?

Let me know.

-Dan

8. Youknowwho4eva