MotoX introducing himself

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by 382188_deleted, Jun 25, 2013.

1. 1) What brings you to Shapeways?
    I first found Shapeways by accident while looking for tips and tricks on 3d modeling since a friend of mine recently bought a 3D-printer (Makerbot). I have been studying a little bit in a distance course on SolidWorks and thought this to be a perfect time to build some small stuff in plastic. I will probably still use my friends machine to do plastic thingys since this is cheaper than having it produced and shiped through Shapeways, but for parts in other materials it looks like a real nice place to get manufacturing from!
    Also I can get alot of practice and at the same time start up a shop and maybe even sell something every once in a while, it's up to the customers... ^^

2) Where are you from?
    Born and raised in Sweden, more specificaly on the west coast of Sweden near it's second biggest city Gothenburg.

3) What are your interests or hobbies that you plan on using Shapeways for?
    Casings for electronics, parts on motorbikes and just a general interrest of building things in 3D. I am the one cooking at home and in the kitchen there is allways room for nice ceramics of different shapes and functions.

4) Your software (Don't have one? Look here for a list of known compatible software!)
    For now I have a student version of SolidWorks 2013 and will continue some courses in school where the license is affordable (to say the least, 40$). I have been reading around some and realized that I will also get a copy of Blender to do the freeform modeling.

5) Your experience level
    Beginner, beginner, beginner. Real enthustiastic though and I also realize that now is the time to start getting involved in modeling for 3D-printing. It seems to be the future of manufacturing for sure and I can't wait until the printers use elements to produce any material and shape right at every mans living room!

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Welcome! Looks like you're on the right path.