Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Co-Creator platform
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Co-Creator platform [message #7141] Wed, 07 October 2009 08:49 UTC Go to next message
avatar pp  is currently offline pp
Go to all my models
Hi Guys,

About 2 month ago we have released our Co-Creator Platform.

The general concept behind this is to provide a platform for:
1 - Designer that makes it easy to offer models that need to be personalized, on request, after ordering, by customers.
2 - Customers to get easy access to beautiful designed personalizable / unique products.

Currently the models in the Co-Creator Gallery ( http://www.shapeways.com/gallery?url=%2Fgallery&uri=%2Fu design%2Fgallery%2Fgallery&search=&category=Template s ) are growing every week and we are working hard to get more models in.

If I look at the current gallery I see many models that, to my opinion, would work perfectly as a Co-Creator template and would make the overall order-process much easier for both the designer and the customer.... however they are not yet (!) turned into a template.... hmmmm

That makes me wonder…
1 - Are you guys aware that it is possible to turn you model into a template so we can prominently offer it as a Co-Creator template on the website?
2 - Is it clear how the whole process works?
3 - Is it clear how this process can benefit you as a shop owner?
3 - If you have played around with our new platform but have not added any templates to it, why not?
4 - What can we improve to make the whole platform more appealing for you to use it?

As always your feedback is highly appreciated so keep it coming…

Cheers,
Peter Paul
Re: Co-Creator platform [message #7145 is a reply to message #7141 ] Wed, 07 October 2009 12:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I know I consider the Co-Creators less now because:
1. I don't like the pricing, it is based on what you set as the max volume.
2. I have 2 jobs. I put on my Co-Creators that it takes 5 days to make the models. If I were to get slammed with orders or at my jobs, it would be hard to keep to that. The Co-Creator would work really well if you made money and could sustain yourself with Shapeways. I don't think that is happening for anyone yet. It's a lot of commitment to what is for now a hobby.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Co-Creator platform [message #7215 is a reply to message #7141 ] Sun, 11 October 2009 01:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar photosfromrob  is currently offline photosfromrob
Go to my shop
I have 1 item in co-creator, I requested another to be added..weeks ago and nothing....
The process is cumbersome. PUT A CO-CREATOR LINK IN MYDESIGNS, you'll get my business--I have many models in the gallery that could be co-creator if the process was more friendly.

I like the idea of co-creator but I think the pricing model could be improved.

Speaking of pricing---how about an option to make the markup a percentage of the price???Much better with multiple material prices.
Re: Co-Creator platform [message #7216 is a reply to message #7141 ] Sun, 11 October 2009 02:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aeron203  is currently offline aeron203
Go to my shop
I have several designs intended to be templates, but I need to make sure they look great and function well when printed. I would probably not buy an untested design, and I wouldn't expect anyone else to. So, I can't offer them until I can guarantee the quality of my product. Of course this is less important in many designs (sculpture), but people will push the envelope, and the disappointment of finding a problem should really fall on the designer, not the customer.

This is just my approach, and it applies only in the context of product design, but it is a key aspect of taking ownership and responsibility for a design as it is released into the world.

BTW, I just received my first Stainless prints and they are gorgeous!

Aaron - 40westdesigns.com/blog
Re: Co-Creator platform [message #7225 is a reply to message #7141 ] Sun, 11 October 2009 20:30 UTC Go to previous message
avatar pp  is currently offline pp
Go to all my models
hi Aeron 203,

Completely agree with the you way of working.
You do how ever boost expectations...

So I am looking forward to your templates.

BTW: Any more detailed feedback on how the pricing of a template can be improved ?

Cheers
Peter Paul

Previous Topic:Suggestions for upload ans "my design" pages
Next Topic:False shop 404 bug

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.