Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Printing » "Your model was too small for any of our 3D Printers."
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
"Your model was too small for any of our 3D Printers." [message #70083] Wed, 19 June 2013 07:47 UTC
avatar Malmquist  is currently offline Malmquist
Go to my shop
-- Update --

Problem solved, i contacted Shapeways support and they recommended me to download the free software "Netfabb", so i did, opened my pendant STL and saw that it was very small indeed even tough 3ds max told me otherwise, so i just rescaled it in Netfabb, uploaded it, and voila, worked like a charm!

Thanks to the great support staff of Shapeways!

Cheers

--

Hi guys and dolls,

So iv'e modelled a pendant of a 9mm bullet but with a hole in it for a chain.

The pendant is 29.69 mm high and 10 mm wide. I made it in 3ds max, did a STL check which didn't return any problems and then i exported the model as STL and uploaded it. But i always get "Your model was too small for any of our 3D Printers."

The units setup in 3ds max is in mm, and i upload it with the mm setting Shapeways suggest.

I've even tried to upload it without the chain hole, just as a solid piece, still to small.

Some help is greatly appreciated, any clues?

Thank you all,
Pontus

[Updated on: Wed, 19 June 2013 11:37 UTC]

Previous Topic:Can we somehow get pre-order confirmation of object printability?
Next Topic:Logo didn't show up

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.