POST models/v1

Discussion in 'Shapeways API' started by Rafferty, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Rafferty
    Rafferty Member
    Hi,

I'm using the POST modes/v1 API to upload a model.

The API documentation describes values of "price" and "basePrice" returned within the Material elements. However, all I am receiving for each material is {\"materialId\":6,\"markup\":0,\"isActive\":1}

Is there something I need to set to specify to get the price calculation. I am specifying a particular material - but am getting a long list of materials back (including the one I specify)..

Thanks in advance

Rafferty

2. Hi Rafferty,

Unfortunately this is a bug in the API. You should be getting those fields. We'll get that fixed as soon as we can.

Thanks,
    Beekey

3. Rafferty
    Rafferty Member
    Thanks for the reply.

Assuming my volume/surface area/bounding box calculations matched yours - would the price returned by the models upload API differ from that returned by the price API?

4. The answer is yes, but there are caveats. Our automated checks will sometimes make changes to the model to prep it for printing (such as re-orienting the model). This is to reduce the instances of Shapeways rejecting models as unprintable. These changes may also affect the pricing. We are working on ways of communicating what these changes are so that you can submit model files that we won't need to modify.

-Beekey