Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Ring Designer Needed
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Ring Designer Needed [message #69972] Mon, 17 June 2013 18:39 UTC Go to next message
avatar Acid_Bot  is currently offline Acid_Bot
Go to all my models
Hello,

I am looking for a simple 2X2 Lego Plate Ring to be made out of stainless steel. I have searched the internet and found several similar designs but none that meet all my requirements. The Brick Ring by Covo is very close and I went to that designer first for this project but he declined.

The ring: 4 pegs in 2x2 formation of the same size as Lego. The 2x2 plate would be attached to a smooth band. Corners where the top plate of the 2x2 plate are fine. I am planning on wearing this as a wedding band for quite some time. I have sensitive skin and can only use stainless steel or a similar hard metal. I would be willing to work with a designer to meet fabrication requirements (as I am aware there are some minimum thickness requirements via shapeways). More details and a final draft can be worked out between myself and a chosen designer.

If you are interested please send me an estimate for your design services and we can arrange payment for your designing work. I just need someone to design this ring, and it can be manufactured by shapeways to my understanding. I will also provide a ring size when I actually know it.

Time- This project does not have to be completed for quite some time, so there is no time crunch.

Any questions or if you are interested in this project as a 3D Designer feel free to contact me via PM, in this thread, or via e-mail at: rulksmash@gmail.com

-Jason
Acid_Bot
Re: Ring Designer Needed [message #69978 is a reply to message #69972 ] Mon, 17 June 2013 19:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar for3dstyling  is currently offline for3dstyling
Go to my shop
Hi,

I sent you a PM. I can start to work on this straight away.

all the best!
Re: Ring Designer Needed [message #69979 is a reply to message #69972 ] Mon, 17 June 2013 19:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FreeRangeBrain  is currently offline FreeRangeBrain
Go to my shop
Please note that the sintered stainless offered by Shapeways contains approximately 40% bronze as filler between the stainless microspheres. You may wish to either select the gold plate variants or have the piece plated elsewhere with a non-irritating material.

Creativity - sometimes by the brute force method.
Re: Ring Designer Needed [message #69981 is a reply to message #69979 ] Mon, 17 June 2013 20:01 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Acid_Bot  is currently offline Acid_Bot
Go to all my models
FreeRangeBrain

Thank you for the info regarding stainless steel and sensitive skin. I am somewhat lost when it comes to all of this, so any and all help is appreciated. I will consider the plated options for now. What kinds of places would I search for that have the capability to plate a piece? (I can look for them specifically, but I don't know who could do such a thing)

Thank you to the designers replying so quickly, it is very exciting to see!

Previous Topic:DB5 Wheel
Next Topic:jewelry designs

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.