Home » Community » Introductions » Asking for help please!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Asking for help please! [message #69670] Wed, 12 June 2013 11:04 UTC Go to next message
avatar why19891989  is currently offline why19891989
Go to all my models
Hey guys im Milad 23.I am a Modelling and texturing artist (self taught) and yet self teaching!...I want to start to sell my models on this great site,but i have some questions that i consider if someone please help me
1.How can i see the sales of the products in the gallery?,actually because i want to know that which category has the best sales,for example i want to know that if i want to create models for games with textures,am i gonna sell anything?!,i love modelling anything except human characters!
2.I read about the walls and features and hollow objects but i did not exactly get what are these?Does walls rule mean that i cant have small details in my works?...and what is hollow thing for?
3.I did not get anything from the materials part! flexible,white,smooth...what are these for as im gonna model stuff in 3d and texture them and put them here for sale,what do these have to do with me?!
4.And lastly i read that the obj size limit is very small,how about if i want to model a large complex building?!
Sorry for asking too many,but my first day here,Thanks in advance:)
Re: Asking for help please! [message #69676 is a reply to message #69670 ] Wed, 12 June 2013 12:41 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
1.How can i see the sales of the products in the gallery?,actually because i want to know that which category has the best sales,for example i want to know that if i want to create models for games with textures,am i gonna sell anything?!,i love modelling anything except human characters!

The closest thing to seeing what sells is the feed. There are currently no links to it, but if you click on my link you'll see what people comment on, buy, add, all that stuff

2.I read about the walls and features and hollow objects but i did not exactly get what are these?Does walls rule mean that i cant have small details in my works?...and what is hollow thing for?

For each material there is a minimum wall thickness and a minimum detail thickness.

3.I did not get anything from the materials part! flexible,white,smooth...what are these for as im gonna model stuff in 3d and texture them and put them here for sale,what do these have to do with me?!

If you're planning to only sell textured models, the only material you need to look at is Full Color Sandstone (often shortened to FCS)

4.And lastly i read that the obj size limit is very small,how about if i want to model a large complex building?!

The Polygon limit is 1 million, and the file size limit is 64mb. If your file size is to large, you can zip the file. If your poly limit is exceeded, you probably have more detail than will show up in your print. You can email support and they may be able to help you with files that are too large. If the item is too large for our printers, you'll have to digitally cut it up, and glue the pieces together when they arrive.

Sorry for asking too many,but my first day here,Thanks in advance:)

Questions are always welcome

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Hi to the community from France
Next Topic:just wanted to say and introduce myself

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.