Home » Community » Work in progress » Intersecting Geometry?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Intersecting Geometry? [message #69600] Tue, 11 June 2013 10:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar Cheathem  is currently offline Cheathem
Go to all my models
Hey guys,new to 3D printing here.Just wanted to know if i could have intersecting geometry? I have a model with spikes on it that aren't geometrically attached,they just intersect the model.I uploaded the model to see if it would pass verification and it did.does this mean that im good to go or will it print incorrectly? Thanks in advance everyone.
Re: Intersecting Geometry? [message #69603 is a reply to message #69600 ] Tue, 11 June 2013 12:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
The automated software will automatically join intersecting geometry. This is so you don't get double charged for material. Geometry that sits face to face does cause the software issues though.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Intersecting Geometry? [message #69609 is a reply to message #69603 ] Tue, 11 June 2013 14:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Oh wow thats great then.thanks
Re: Intersecting Geometry? [message #69688 is a reply to message #69609 ] Wed, 12 June 2013 14:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
My dyslexia had me thinking the title was, "Interesting Geometry?" Then I open the thread looking for interesting geometry! HAHAHA! Laughing UGGGG! I hate that! Very Happy

Another thing you can do is send your intersections to the Netfabb Cloud Service and it will also do all the booleans necessary to get rid of the intersections. I sometimes use this as an easy fix when I'm running into problems with booleans in the whatever software I happen to be using. Smile

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.
Re: Intersecting Geometry? [message #69690 is a reply to message #69688 ] Wed, 12 June 2013 14:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
whoa no way, ive been having to do a crazy work flow through z brush.Thanks UniverseBecoming, ill definitely check it out.
Re: Intersecting Geometry? [message #69775 is a reply to message #69690 ] Thu, 13 June 2013 21:52 UTC Go to previous message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Smile

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.

Previous Topic:Full size hand bookend
Next Topic:My model keeps coming out at over 120 dollars! What am I doing wrong?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.