Home » Support » 3D Printing » Any good conductors?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon5.gif  Any good conductors? [message #69599] Tue, 11 June 2013 10:42 UTC Go to next message
avatar Ahmet  is currently offline Ahmet
Go to all my models
I have seen a couple of circuit based projects. Why so few? What material are they using as a conductor anyway?
Re: Any good conductors? [message #69656 is a reply to message #69599 ] Wed, 12 June 2013 07:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ahmet  is currently offline Ahmet
Go to all my models
BUmp
Re: Any good conductors? [message #69684 is a reply to message #69656 ] Wed, 12 June 2013 13:38 UTC Go to previous message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
No, Shapeways doesn't have any materials that are conductive at this time for low voltages. Other than Stainless Steel and Sterling Silver of course. As we speak though, several companies are working to come up with good methods and last I heard at least one company, Stratasys, has come up with a viable method.

I'd say that within one year this technology will be available to everyone. It's going to be AMAZING! I CAN'T WAIT! Very Happy

As for the projects you saw, can you post a link or two? I'd like to see what's being done. Things are progressing so quickly when it comes to the implementation of 3D printing by society that it's getting difficult for me to keep track of it all! Surprised

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.

Previous Topic:.7 mm limit
Next Topic:Ball and cylindrical joints

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.