Home » Community » Introductions » Hi to the community from France
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon14.gif  Hi to the community from France [message #69526] Mon, 10 June 2013 11:25 UTC Go to next message
avatar Arnaud3D  is currently offline Arnaud3D
Go to all my models
Hi everyone !

1) What brings you to Shapeways?
I am Arnaud and am currently finishing my last year internship as a 3Dprinting engineer in a big European company which makes satellites (cool stuff!).
Most people think that 3Dprinting means doing File->Print, but when you deal with big and highly mechanical parts, the process is pretty tricky this is when you need 3Dprinting engineers Cool
Following many blogs and feed on 3Dprinting, I learned about Shapeways and their new factory with 50 machines (my boss is jealous, production capacity is a big problem in the industry right now) , new super cool material and I knew right away that this community was pretty amazing. A little tour around the blog and the forum and I was in love!

2) Where are you from?
France but I like to go around, spent 2 years in Canada

3) What are your interests or hobbies that you plan on using Shapeways for?
My university has a research lab that can produce different materials, mainly metal alloys ; I am sure Shapeways will offer more materials selection in the future and this could allow designers to create more mechanical parts and shapes.
I want to keep going in this field, was involved in many industrial projects and I saw the possibilities(as well as the new constraints Rolling Eyes ) offered by additive manufacturing. I am sending my resume to Shapeways asap Smile

4) Your software

CATIA V5, SOLIDWORKS 2007
Photoshop newbie

5) Your experience level)
-Master of engineering in Mechanical & Design
-Bachelor degree in Part design & Manufacturing
-6-month internship in part design for 3Dprinting

I will see you around the forum and I'll try to give some input when I can. Thank you for reading Smile
Cheers
Arnaud

[Updated on: Mon, 10 June 2013 11:33 UTC]

Re: Hi to the community from France [message #69533 is a reply to message #69526 ] Mon, 10 June 2013 13:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Welcome! sounds like you have a nice looking resume

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Hi, my name is Moka! :D
Next Topic:Asking for help please!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.