Shop holiday button.

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by Innovo, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Innovo
    Innovo Member

Come on Shapeways, summer is here and again we don't have a holiday button for our shops.
    We need one!!! Like it has been discussed last year and the year before. Some of us actually go on vacation!
    This should be an easy fix...

2. bartv
    bartv Member
    Hey Innovo,

thank you for your feedback, I'll make sure we track this. Just to be sure, what do you expect the Holiday Button to do? Suspend co-creators, add a notice to your shop, ... ?

Thanks!

Bart

3. Innovo
    Innovo Member
    Hi Bart,

what is absolutely needed is:
    - to have the co-creators disabled with a notice stating that ''the x shop designer is currently on vacation and will return on the x date''.
    - to allow the designer to choose from a set of days, perhaps options for 5 - 10 - 20 days for the notice.

Even better would be if:
    - the designer would get to input the reason for suspending the shop such as vacation, medical emergency(this actually happened to me once and lost a good sale[/I)] etc....
    - to allow the designer to input a specific set of days or an ''until further notice'' sign for the shop visitors.
    - to allow the designer to choose which sections, products to suspend (co-creators only, all products, only a certain product section etc).

That's all I have so far, other designers might want to add something. I can't believe I am the only one that wants this feature.

4. Bathsheba
    Bathsheba Well-Known Member
    I would use this.

At minimum, disable all co-creators in the shop between X and Y dates, with a message saying "this designer is out of the office".
    I hope needless to say, this message should be displayed before customers commit to a purchase.

An option for me to give a reason would be OK but not necessary.

5. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    [​IMG]

Enjoy :cool:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  6. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Umm, no information given to the potential customer when ("if") the designer will return ?
    (And a checkbox that one has to remember to uncheck as soon as possible ?)

7. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hey Mkroeker,

Unfortunately it will only disable Co-Creator models from being for sale by setting themselves as "Out of Office".
    And yes, you will have to uncheck the box yourself when you're back at home ready to start working again.

Though it's a first step in the right direction :)

As for information to potential customers, I would recommend to write something in your Shop Description (Hey all, I'm currently on vacation and will return on this date 0000"

Mitch

8. Innovo
    Innovo Member
    Thanks Mitch, that's a good start.
    It would be great if you could implement a couple more options, at your convenience.
    That would be another check box disabling the whole shop orders (sometimes I get custom requests for non-co creator items) and a text box that we can input a message for visitors (quoting a ''come back on....'' date for example, a pop-up message showing when someone views our shop). This would be much better than changing our Shop Description because someone may not notice.

Thank you

9. Innovo
    Innovo Member
    FYI, this is how Etsy handles it's vacation mode.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013