Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Full color texture with Blender
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon12.gif  Full color texture with Blender [message #69457] Fri, 07 June 2013 22:10 UTC Go to next message
avatar Roughquinn  is currently offline Roughquinn
Go to my shop
Hi everyone!
I wanted share with you my little discovery (maybe many of you know it already).
I just finished this model

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1140329/colored-ryu-dragon-ta lisman.html?li=productBox-search

and before it didn't works (the model was gray without the texture) because I had set, in Blender, the "Cycle Render"
Remember when you export the .x3d and the UV .jpg check to stay in "Blender Render" Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 07 June 2013 22:12 UTC]

Re: Full color texture with Blender [message #69479 is a reply to message #69457 ] Sat, 08 June 2013 09:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JoostD  is currently offline JoostD
Go to my shop
I work here
HI Roughquinn,

Thanks for the notification of how to export the color model.

It looks great, really awesome design. The colors are fantastic as well.
This model will definitely give us wealth, good luck, and prosperity .

Cheers,
Re: Full color texture with Blender [message #69870 is a reply to message #69457 ] Sat, 15 June 2013 04:16 UTC Go to previous message
avatar yvesbodson  is currently offline yvesbodson
Go to my shop
Hi
I just discover your post and it is while I am dealing with colors not showing up in addition to geometries deformed and overlapping faces.
I am working new models in Blender Internal to validate this. It seems that the modifiers like solidify used under Cycles and then exported through vrml2 or x3d are really screwing up the models.
I am working on testing this and I will post results asap
Yves

Previous Topic:New (unwanted) Surfaces in Shapeways Rendering of My .stl File
Next Topic:Feature Request

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.