Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » painting white detail + black detail model
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
painting white detail + black detail model [message #7077] Mon, 05 October 2009 12:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar snowgroup  is currently offline snowgroup
Go to all my models
hello!

I have to paint a model (with a lot of small details) made by two different parts: a black detail one and a white detail one

I would like to obtain a glossy effect:
any suggestions for the paint technique and type of paint?

thank you very much!
Marco
Re: painting white detail + black detail model [message #8142 is a reply to message #7077 ] Tue, 08 December 2009 08:29 UTC Go to previous message
avatar TreadshotA1  is currently offline TreadshotA1
Go to my shop
Glossy effect? You can achieve that with any gloss paint, preferably the ones formulated to stick to plastics. Paint in thin coats.

Are you planning to paint them a different color, or do you just want a glossy version of the Detail materials? If it's the latter, a quick coat of Gloss varnish will do.

What are these going to be used for? If it's going to be under stress, or outside, go enamel. Otherwise, i would recommend acrylics.

I hope i've answered your question, and as an alternative, you could look into candy coating those parts.

Previous Topic:micro shot peening...micro blasting?
Next Topic:resizing / stretching stainless steel

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.