Turn Apart by OSKAR

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Oskar_van_Deventer, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Oskar_van_Deventer
    Oskar_van_Deventer Well-Known Member
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  2. gibell
    gibell Well-Known Member
    Very nice Oskar! In the video, it looks like you have made it as difficult as possible to disassemble (13 moves?). But one could also put the stickers on so that the first piece comes out when the colors are aligned! If one then scrambled it from here, solving the colors would also lead to mechanical disassembly.

3. BAROBA
    BAROBA Member
    Wouldn't this cause one piece to be loose all the time? You can see the part to drop out as soon as he turns the right sequence. 1 turn would be better..
    I think Oskar is right, you need to find the right sequence in order to get the first piece loose. Like with a Burr-puzzle. My father-in-law loves his collections of Burrs :) Some are crazy hard :)

Succes met je puzzels, het is altijd heel leuk om te zien wat je hebt bedacht.

Groeten,

Rob

4. Oskar_van_Deventer
    Oskar_van_Deventer Well-Known Member
    George,

You are completely in free to sticker the Turn Apart sample that you buy in any way that you want! :laughing:

Greetings,

Oskar

5. gibell
    gibell Well-Known Member
    It would certainly make it a whole lot easier to solve! You're right, it is basically a burr puzzle, and the colors are irrelevant as far as disassembly goes. They can be made to help you, or not.

It looks to me like one can recognize the first piece to come out when it is in the assembled state. If one can also figure out which 3 pieces it needs to be connected to (to come out), one can then basically solve for this state using 2x2x2 moves, ignoring the colors. Sounds pretty tough!

6. gibell
    gibell Well-Known Member
    Oskar, has anyone figured out how many of the 3,674,160 possible positions of a normal 2x2x2 are possible for this cube? Given the "blocked moves", I assume it is less.