Home » Community » Work in progress » Colors on model
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Colors on model [message #69073] Sun, 02 June 2013 07:47 UTC Go to next message
avatar yvesbodson  is currently offline yvesbodson
Go to my shop
Hello.
Got finally my model up but the colors don't show up. I did an stl from my model but I could have exported in obj or else. I use Blender . Does somebody would know what I did wrong or missed at that level?
Thanks in advance.
http://shpws.me/o4WJ

Re: Colors on model [message #69074 is a reply to message #69073 ] Sun, 02 June 2013 08:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
The STL file format has no container for color or texture information, all it can transport is a triangle mesh.
You need to upload a VRML or X3D file, either with colors "vertex mapped" to points on the object or as
a ZIP archive that contains both the VRML/X3D file and its associated png or jpeg texture file.
Re: Colors on model [message #69121 is a reply to message #69073 ] Mon, 03 June 2013 17:20 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Yes, I was going to direct you to Shapeways own tutorial on that subject - http://www.shapeways.com/design-rules/full_color_sandstone
...but all you'll see is this:

Oops! We can't find the page you're looking for.
Maybe you misspelled the address, or followed an outdated link.

How about going back to the homepage?

Or, browse some awesome products made by talented humans

So, not too helpful!

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Espresso cup questions
Next Topic:What if my model is in pieces?...

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.