3D modeler needed for a innovative sports bottle

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 366034_deleted, May 28, 2013.

1. Hi there,

I am working on a new innovative sports bottle and had some productions problems last year, and so i heard something about 3D printing but i am not really good with designing programs...

So i am asking if anyone of you can help out to make a 3D model to produce my new product...

I also send one picture of the bottle as it should like if possible...

If u think u can help me out please send an email to sigsportsandinnovationsgroup@gmail.com and let me know if it is possible and what it will cost to make a 3D model!

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Ronsaki
    Ronsaki Well-Known Member
    I am not sure how safe is it to keep water in 3D printed plastic.
    Also, I don't recommend 3D printing as a mass production solution, especially at larger volumes, and your design is considered a big object in 3D printing world.

I suggest you do some calculation about price of printing a single unit, and consult with someone about using 3D printed products for water/food before you continue with the project.
    Ceramics is supposed to be safe, but I am not so sure about plastic

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  3. barkingdigger
    barkingdigger Well-Known Member
    You'll definitely want to produce this as injection moulding (for the lid) and probably blow-moulding (for the body of the bottle). It is a funky design that looks like it is worn as a sort of arm-band?

Printed resin is ok for a demonstration non-functioning prototype, but since the most suitable plastic (Strong & Flexible nylon) is porous the bottle would leak and would be an ideal breeding ground for germs. The metals are too heavy, brittle, and expensive, and the ceramic option for a sports bottle is a non-starter.

You really want somebody who can design the printed prototype in CAD with an eye towards making it suitable for cutting steel tooling for production in injected plastic...

4. Yes barkingdigger it is worn as a arm-band!

i would like to create a prototype to find a good manufacture for my product..

Could you help me to make a design in CAD for a prototype?

If anyone else is also able i would like to here so.

Greetz,

Max Jacobs

5. barkingdigger
    barkingdigger Well-Known Member
    Hi Max, PM sent!

Regards,
    Tom