Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Packaging
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Packaging [message #68639] Fri, 24 May 2013 19:39 UTC Go to next message
avatar TheAlchemyst  is currently offline TheAlchemyst
Go to my shop
So I got my model (yay!) but it was all bent out of shape - I even broke one of the struts trying to bend it back.

I love how it was wrapped in bubble wrap, but it just being in a plastic bag led to it being 'smooshed'. In the future I will be trying to include a shipping cage of some sort to prevent such warpage, but it seems to me that puts the burden of shipping protection on the creator (and on the buyer having to pay for more printing material) a lot more than it should... so, some suggestions:

- automatically print some sort of protective cage based on product dimensions
- a more careful approach to how the bubble wrap is used (i.e. not so tight that it bends the models)
- some sort of boxing material or less intrusive packing material (i.e. packing popcorn instead of bubble wrap)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ouIla5hKwaI/UZ-LzLTLZSI/AAAAAAAAKlE/-S2xkd138q4/w296-h395-no/20130524_114239.jpg

Check out my debates! http://gplusdialogues.blogspot.com/
Re: Packaging [message #68654 is a reply to message #68639 ] Fri, 24 May 2013 23:32 UTC Go to previous message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
TheAlchemyst wrote on Fri, 24 May 2013 19:39

So I got my model (yay!) but it was all bent out of shape - I even broke one of the struts trying to bend it back.

FUD has a memory. The way to deal with distortion is to is to pour near boiling water over the model.

Bill Bedford

Previous Topic:Prime Grey
Next Topic:Vat Inclusive Dispatches from Eindhoven

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.