Home » Community » It arrived! » Sintel figurine!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Sintel figurine! [message #68538] Thu, 23 May 2013 12:25 UTC Go to next message
avatar macouno  is currently offline macouno
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=32865&private=0

Ok... it arrived a little while ago already whilst I was working on the Blender for 3D Printing DVD. But I wanted to wait with posting about it until I made the figurine available to the public. That's now! I'm really excited about the model... the end result turned out great! On the DVD I explain how I took the file from the short film and turned it into something printable. If you haven't yet... go see Sintel the Movie

You can find the model here: http://shpws.me/nSHR

Re: Sintel figurine! [message #68840 is a reply to message #68538 ] Wed, 29 May 2013 16:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
I remember the movie - really good! So, are you saying that the models from the movie are freely available, or do you have an inside connection somehow?

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Sintel figurine! [message #68889 is a reply to message #68840 ] Thu, 30 May 2013 08:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar macouno  is currently offline macouno
Go to my shop
Hey Lensman.

Actually I was also on the crew that created the short even though I didnt work on the Sintel model then.

But yes.. the entire film is open source/creative commons so you can get your hands on all the models and are allowed to use them as long as you give credit. But... I dont know if Id recommend it... it was quite a big job!
Re: Sintel figurine! [message #68894 is a reply to message #68889 ] Thu, 30 May 2013 11:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Very interesting. I'll have to look into this a bit more. Must have been neat to work on the short. Great model, BTW, as I forgot to say last time.

Re: Sintel figurine! [message #69010 is a reply to message #68538 ] Fri, 31 May 2013 18:14 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
And just for the heck of it I thought I'd post a link to the 14 minute movie on YouTube. If anyone out there hasn't seen it I urge you to take a look... And have your box of tissues handy!

Movie HERE.

Previous Topic:More Building Toy Mini Fig Upgrade Parts
Next Topic:Kingdom Hearts Fans anywhere?