Home » Community » Work in progress » Wall thickness for character
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon9.gif  Wall thickness for character [message #68422] Tue, 21 May 2013 10:51 UTC Go to next message
avatar Tjaart  is currently offline Tjaart
Go to my shop
Good afternoon guys,

I am trying to print this but I have no idea why I get thin walls problems. Some of the highlighted issues are thicker than the other parts which are thinner but have no problem.

It is getting very frustrated and I had to demolish such a lot of detail to get it to print I am approaching the point where I think this cannot be printed at the resolution and size.

This is a WIP and I am just randomly thickening parts in a crude way to get it past submission. Is there any program that can just do a thickness check before I submit as I have had 7 submissions and every time there are some parts that are okay and some not.

Notes:

This is a miniature that is used in role-playing games. It is +/- 28mm x 28mm big. I am trying to print it is ultra detail frost (as I assume this is the medium with the best detail)

index.php?t=getfile&id=32772&private=0

STL attached.

[Updated on: Tue, 21 May 2013 10:59 UTC]

Re: Wall thickness for character [message #68863 is a reply to message #68422 ] Wed, 29 May 2013 21:31 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Pseurai  is currently offline Pseurai
Go to all my models
The model had a lot of random polygons all over the place that were far too thin to print as a 28mm miniature.

I make a lot of mini's and re-sealed and sculpted your mini as I would normally.
I had to merge everything into a single solid mesh, thicken and fill in some walls, then sculpt in the prominent details.

http://i.imgur.com/Qz2D0Yj.png

I don't normally do free work, but this was pretty fun, so cheers! Razz

Also, I didn't test to see if it would print, but it should.. Let me know if you have any problems.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 May 2013 21:32 UTC]

Previous Topic:Some Aztec Fashion
Next Topic:Help :( PLEASE - Wall Thickness