Home » Community » Work in progress » Wall thickness for character
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon9.gif  Wall thickness for character [message #68422] Tue, 21 May 2013 10:51 UTC Go to next message
avatar Tjaart  is currently offline Tjaart
Go to my shop
Good afternoon guys,

I am trying to print this but I have no idea why I get thin walls problems. Some of the highlighted issues are thicker than the other parts which are thinner but have no problem.

It is getting very frustrated and I had to demolish such a lot of detail to get it to print I am approaching the point where I think this cannot be printed at the resolution and size.

This is a WIP and I am just randomly thickening parts in a crude way to get it past submission. Is there any program that can just do a thickness check before I submit as I have had 7 submissions and every time there are some parts that are okay and some not.

Notes:

This is a miniature that is used in role-playing games. It is +/- 28mm x 28mm big. I am trying to print it is ultra detail frost (as I assume this is the medium with the best detail)

index.php?t=getfile&id=32772&private=0

STL attached.

[Updated on: Tue, 21 May 2013 10:59 UTC]

Re: Wall thickness for character [message #68863 is a reply to message #68422 ] Wed, 29 May 2013 21:31 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Pseurai  is currently offline Pseurai
Go to all my models
The model had a lot of random polygons all over the place that were far too thin to print as a 28mm miniature.

I make a lot of mini's and re-sealed and sculpted your mini as I would normally.
I had to merge everything into a single solid mesh, thicken and fill in some walls, then sculpt in the prominent details.

http://i.imgur.com/Qz2D0Yj.png

I don't normally do free work, but this was pretty fun, so cheers! Razz

Also, I didn't test to see if it would print, but it should.. Let me know if you have any problems.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 May 2013 21:32 UTC]

Previous Topic:Some Aztec Fashion
Next Topic:Help :( PLEASE - Wall Thickness

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.