Home » Community » Work in progress » help with transparent material
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
help with transparent material [message #68380] Mon, 20 May 2013 21:08 UTC Go to next message
avatar nakamura_shop  is currently offline nakamura_shop
Go to my shop
Hi,i'm building this item
http://www.shapeways.com/model/1065847/gray-fox-helmet.html? li=productBox-search

This is a wearable helmet,the frontal components of this item must to be transparent because i MUST to see trough the component.
i never bought transparent items from Shapeways and i don't know how much can be transparent a 3D printed item... someone can help me showing me some transparent item created here? this is a big item,only 1mm thickness...

Thanks in advance for your help
Re: help with transparent material [message #68383 is a reply to message #68380 ] Mon, 20 May 2013 22:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
None of the shapeways materials are as clear as glass.
You can achieve a bit of transparency with FUD, but it's not likely what you would expect.

In any material, this item is going to be expensive:
http://stonysmith.com/wired/VolumeEstimator.asp?L=242&W= 320&H=312&T=1&S=1

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: help with transparent material [message #68468 is a reply to message #68383 ] Tue, 21 May 2013 21:02 UTC Go to previous message
avatar nakamura_shop  is currently offline nakamura_shop
Go to my shop
i understand,thanks.
i think i'll print it in default plastic and i'll use it as matrix to build one in transparent resin... the entire object will cost 200€

Previous Topic:Im building a box that will have three parts, does it have to be watertight?
Next Topic:Extremely expensive models (what am I doing wrong?)