Home » Community » Introductions » New bie
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
New bie [message #68357] Mon, 20 May 2013 14:57 UTC Go to next message
avatar pianogirl13  is currently offline pianogirl13
Go to all my models
Good morning!

I am Karen Jennings and I heard about your site on MSNBC "New Business" on Sunday morning and was quite fascinated! I am a bit of a techie, and still quite willing to learn new stuff. I am a musician, lead vocalist for a 50's 60's band, "The Memories" ( we're on Facebook, if anyone wants to check us out... TheMemories.VA) and my other hobby is scrapbooking and card making.

Currently, I am unemployed so, I have the time frame but not too much of cash resources, so I am wondering if this would be a project that I could pursue with help of course.. suggestions, on different types of scrapbooking templates that can be used in this hobby? Now, if it has already been done, that's fine too.

That is about me in a "nutshell" and I am looking forward to working with members of this community!

Thank you,

Karen D. Jennings
Re: New bie [message #68358 is a reply to message #68357 ] Mon, 20 May 2013 15:07 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Welcome! There are lots of free options for Shapeways and 3D design (not including the prints themselves). We have the creators, which are easy to use, to make all sorts of goodies. And there is lots of freeware out there to use. Theres 123D, Sketchup, Blender, and Sculptris to name a few that are popular here. There's lots of helpful information here on the forums, and if you can't find what you're looking for, feel free to ask on the forums. We have a large community of very friendly helpful members. We can even teach you tricks to make your items less expensive to make.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Giorgi Popiashvili
Next Topic:looking for the right CAD package

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.