Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Printing » why????
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon8.gif  why???? [message #68250] Fri, 17 May 2013 15:43 UTC Go to next message
avatar carmelari  is currently offline carmelari
Go to my shop
Can u help me for a problem with full color arenaria? the upload it's ok but the object appears "nude"

I can not figure out where I'm wrong or where the problem is.
is a long time since I try to make a model in full color sandstone.
I follow the procedure explained in the tutorial: I save my model WRML, then I create a zip file with the file jpg texure and model WRML, then load the zip folder in the usual way, but what I see is my model without any texure.

What should I do?

Re: why???? [message #68262 is a reply to message #68250 ] Fri, 17 May 2013 17:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Your WRL does not include any reference that would cause the texture to be applied to the model.
Something is wrong with how you exported the file.

What editor are you using?
In your editor, you must "map" the texture onto the surface of the object.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: why???? [message #68278 is a reply to message #68262 ] Sat, 18 May 2013 06:00 UTC Go to previous message
avatar carmelari  is currently offline carmelari
Go to my shop
Thanks for the reply
I use Rhnio 5.0 to create models and I manage the mapping directly in rhino.
I do not do often, to tell the truth, but now I decided to try it!

Previous Topic:Rubber?
Next Topic:Plans for aluminium

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.