Add ability to open shop using moneybookers

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by 293336_deleted, May 16, 2013.

1. I don't do paypal

2. FreeRangeBrain
    FreeRangeBrain Active Member
    Neither does Walmart. -shrug-

3. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    What's wrong with PayPal? I've been using it since its inception without a single problem. PayPal is great! :D

4. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Ditto to that James, not a single problem here either. I do have some concerns about their currency conversions, however.

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  5. panoramer2000
    panoramer2000 Member
    In accordance with the PayPal's national policy some people cannot receive payments in to their paypal accounts.

6. TrainThingz
    TrainThingz Member
    Unless I'm mistaken, SW doesn't actually handle the exchange of money, that's between PayPal, the buyer, and the seller.

Therefore, to use "moneybookers" (never even heard of them before...) both the buyer and seller would have to have "moneybooker" accounts.

Not going to happen.

7. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    TrainThingz, what panoramer2000 means is that in some places Paypal is only for customers, not for sellers. And SW is involved. They get the money (dollars or euros, SW decides which) from the customer via Paypal, credit card (newish) or bank transfer (Europe only) and then send dollars to the seller via Paypal.

Navigating Paypal to figure which countries is a bit... well, you can see some external docs talking about the issue:
    http://support.fundrazr.com/hc/en-us/articles/200055313-Road block-The-PayPal-Account-Is-Based-In-A-Country-Which-Cannot- Receive-Payments
    https://www.conftool.net/ctforum/index.php?topic=148.0

8. bartv
    bartv Member
    Hey panoramer2000,

Yes, we're aware of that. However, at this time this affects such a small number of people that it's hard for us to prioritize a solution. I'd sleep much better once we solve some shipping issues and rejection problems! That's not to say we'll never do this, of course.

Bart

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  9. 18464_deleted
    18464_deleted Member
    Paypal blocked me for ever, because I sold something to someone who did break the TOS. And as a result of that, I must be a risk-person too. I had several contacts with them about this case, but they don't want to solve the problem.

For Europe, (and you're in The Netherlands, just like me), SEPA could be a solution. I hope you will consider this.

10. Innovo
    Innovo Member
    Can't you just open another account?