Home » Community » General Discussion » Dipping Full Color Sandstone print in super glue?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Dipping Full Color Sandstone print in super glue? [message #68117] Thu, 16 May 2013 07:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar Spooky_Bulldog  is currently offline Spooky_Bulldog
Go to my shop
Somebody mentioned to me that if FCS print is dipped in super glue, it makes the model stronger and color gets more vibrant.
Does anybody have experience with this? If you do, what kind of glue is recommended and how is it done?
Re: Dipping Full Color Sandstone print in super glue? [message #68124 is a reply to message #68117 ] Thu, 16 May 2013 08:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways does this for you as part of the post processing process. Smile

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.
Re: Dipping Full Color Sandstone print in super glue? [message #68145 is a reply to message #68117 ] Thu, 16 May 2013 12:30 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
You can also check out the post production section for methods to make your pieces stronger and more vibrant.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Hoop for Pendant
Next Topic:New 'Designer for Hire' column

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.