Home » Community » General Discussion » Hoop for Pendant
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hoop for Pendant [message #68085] Wed, 15 May 2013 17:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar CADNinja  is currently offline CADNinja
Go to my shop
I'm going to have this pendant printed in silver here at shapeways.
Should i print the model with the hoop that mounts to the chain or add that after?
Dont want to add a feature that is going to be problematic or may break off anyway at some point during the removal from the printer or in shipping.
Enclosed is a pic.
Thanks for looking

• Attachment: Pendant.jpg
    (Size: 7.98KB, Downloaded 55 time(s))

Re: Hoop for Pendant [message #68096 is a reply to message #68085 ] Wed, 15 May 2013 20:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FabMeJewelry  is currently offline FabMeJewelry
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
I don't know the dimensions but i would keep the hoop !

The hoops we use always turns out nicely as you can see in the picture below,
the hoop has a inside diameter of 3mm and is 1,25 mm thick.

index.php?t=getfile&id=32508&private=0

Wesley Günter - FabMeJewelry.com - Set a course, for the future !
Re: Hoop for Pendant [message #68128 is a reply to message #68096 ] Thu, 16 May 2013 09:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I would most definitely keep it in the design. Just stick to the design rules and you should be fine. If you'd like to do a search to see how pendants are typically done, the technical term for it is a bail and the the ring connected to the bail that is also sometimes used is called the jump ring.

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.
Re: Hoop for Pendant [message #68143 is a reply to message #68128 ] Thu, 16 May 2013 11:36 UTC Go to previous message
avatar CADNinja  is currently offline CADNinja
Go to my shop
Very good then i will leave it. Thanks for the advice.

Previous Topic:Sunflower Oil on Parts?
Next Topic:Dipping Full Color Sandstone print in super glue?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.