Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Unable to Embed Shop - Missing Example Shop Code and Shop embed
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Unable to Embed Shop - Missing Example Shop Code and Shop embed [message #67923] Mon, 13 May 2013 23:37 UTC Go to next message
avatar FearlessForms  is currently offline FearlessForms
Go to my shop
Hi,

I want to be able to embed my models [both an image of, and a buy now button] on my external site.

So I search for shapeways embed shop and find the Shapeways Lab:

http://www.shapeways.com/labs // on this page at the top there is a 'Shop Embed' link along with other widgets resident on that page. The problem is
Shop Embed is not there!

Ok, I say... lets try another route and another google search to get some means of embedding buyable models from shapeways. Next I get this page:

http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/shoppingcart/index.html // here at the bottom it promises "Shapeways_example_shop.zip" which can be downloaded
and tweaked to suit. Only, the URL of the zip text points back to the same page..

So, I let Shapeways know, and after some difficulty it is acknowledged that in fact the link does point back to its self and that in time [they cant say when] this will be fixed. How then can I get my products embedded and buyable from my site then I ask? Go to the dev site and use the API I am told.

So i go there, and look , but cant see anything that is obviously suited to achieving what I want to do, and neither is there seemingly any howto on shop embedding to external sites...!

Can anyone provide the missing example shop code [perhaps it was once there]. Believe me im no thicko when it comes to computing [I have a BSc in it, admittedly many moons ago] but it seems to be a bit of a dark art and similar to a search for a needle in a haystack to find A. code to embed buyable products and B. Well written documentation.

I know Shapeways must be extremely busy and have done a fantastic Job in creating such an environment, but it must be a basic ask to have shop owners the means to sell from their site and for the process to be well explained and relatively painless?

thanks
D
Re: Unable to Embed Shop - Missing Example Shop Code and Shop embed [message #67974 is a reply to message #67923 ] Tue, 14 May 2013 16:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FabMeJewelry  is currently offline FabMeJewelry
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Quote:

we have an easy way for you to use the Shapeways checkout system on your own site.

That would be awesome Surprised but currently we use the widget :

<iframe frameborder="0" style=" border:10px solid #c0c0c0; height:200px; width:650px; "src="[url]http://www.shapeways.com/widget/include.php?[/url]shop=fabme&shopcat=printed@shapeways&style=light" > </iframe>

Just change fabme into your shop name and change printed@shapeways into your category !

It "works" HERE

[Updated on: Tue, 14 May 2013 19:43 UTC]

Wesley Günter - FabMeJewelry.com - Set a course, for the future !
Re: Unable to Embed Shop - Missing Example Shop Code and Shop embed [message #67985 is a reply to message #67974 ] Tue, 14 May 2013 18:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar FearlessForms  is currently offline FearlessForms
Go to my shop
Hi Wesley,

And thanks for your help.

Your site looks great with the widget, however since my post I have managed to hack at some existing code
I scavenged from another site and am using this on a product by product basis..

Thanks again

Best
Dan

FF

Previous Topic:Shop text formatting
Next Topic:Prime Grey

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.