Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Support » 3D Design » Printed Threads?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Printed Threads? [message #67919] Mon, 13 May 2013 23:03 UTC Go to next message
avatar GJEngelman  is currently offline GJEngelman
Go to all my models
I have a design and need printed threds on both the male and the female part. Size of the thread is 2.00 in in Dia. What would be a sutable thread for this? I was thinking of a very course one. Does anyone have any experance with this or any insight.

Thanks

• Attachment: Assy01.jpg
    (Size: 70.18KB, Downloaded 25 time(s))

[Updated on: Mon, 13 May 2013 23:05 UTC]

Re: Printed Threads? [message #67921 is a reply to message #67919 ] Mon, 13 May 2013 23:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FreeRangeBrain  is currently offline FreeRangeBrain
Go to my shop
Machinery's Handbook is a great resource for thread forms. At the 2-inch size you have a wide range of choices: Vee thread (common bolts use this type), Square thread, Acme thread, Stub Acme thread, Buttress thread, Hose coupling thread, and Pipe thread - both straight and tapered.

Seeing as how you're printing this, you could also make your own thread form - even something impossible to make with conventional methods.

Creativity - sometimes by the brute force method.
Re: Printed Threads? [message #67922 is a reply to message #67921 ] Mon, 13 May 2013 23:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GJEngelman  is currently offline GJEngelman
Go to all my models
Thanks, lol, need to find my handbook. just moved and things are still a mess. I like the though of doing my own, just was woundering what others had in the way of successs.

[Updated on: Mon, 13 May 2013 23:36 UTC]

Re: Printed Threads? [message #67933 is a reply to message #67922 ] Tue, 14 May 2013 07:17 UTC Go to previous message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
I printed this one recently in WSF - worked great.

• Attachment: Capture3.JPG
    (Size: 42.69KB, Downloaded 50 time(s))

-Marcus

Previous Topic:Something is wrong, but I do not get what is wrong.
Next Topic:Is it possible to upload models >64Mb?