Home » Community » It arrived! » Old School Vamp Ring
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Old School Vamp Ring [message #67869] Mon, 13 May 2013 02:46 UTC Go to next message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Hi all, I just want to share my latest design. It arrived and I got to work on finishing it. Its a size 6.5 pinky ring, over an ounce silver 29.5grams. I'll be posting some of my other designs real soon. Ive been real busy with the website, and other projects. Im real happy with the quality shapeways continues to offer.

index.php?t=getfile&id=32347&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=32349&private=0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
Re: Old School Vamp Ring [message #67895 is a reply to message #67869 ] Mon, 13 May 2013 15:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Nice job as always, Sal.

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Old School Vamp Ring [message #68672 is a reply to message #67869 ] Sat, 25 May 2013 16:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jewelry  Lab  is currently offline Jewelry Lab
Go to my shop
very cool ring, did you print it in fine silver? I just ordered my new bat pendant in fine silver and I just hope that I won't lose too much details when it finished

Walter White
Re: Old School Vamp Ring [message #68689 is a reply to message #68672 ] Sat, 25 May 2013 19:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks. This ring is in the standard silver, I polish it myself. Picture isnt the best, unfortunately my camera finally broke and all Im left with is my iPhone. Post a picture of your piece when you receive it. Id like to see what it looks like in premium silver. Thats what you mean right? Fine silver/premium silver?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Old School Vamp Ring [message #68690 is a reply to message #68689 ] Sat, 25 May 2013 19:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
yes, sure I will post a pic in Premium silver, delivery date is june 25, I hope i can get it earlier Rolling Eyes

Walter White
Re: Old School Vamp Ring [message #68691 is a reply to message #68690 ] Sat, 25 May 2013 19:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I just saw your bat pendant. I was thinking it was a batman style pendant but I was wrong. Very nice looking bat pendant. Love the detail on the face. One thing tho, did you order it with the linked loop on top? I wasnt aware this was possible in silver.

Sometimes I do get my orders 1 or 2 weeks early. No on all packages, but it happened a few times.

[Updated on: Sat, 25 May 2013 19:51 UTC]

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Old School Vamp Ring [message #68692 is a reply to message #68691 ] Sat, 25 May 2013 20:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
thank you, yes I ordered with link, do you think it can be a problem? I've never ordered before anything for myself here, I print all of my jewelry on solidscape or cut on CNC , but if the bat comes out well than I will print some of my models here as it's less expensive and i don't even need to cast them Smile

Walter White
Re: Old School Vamp Ring [message #68693 is a reply to message #68692 ] Sat, 25 May 2013 21:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I hear solidscape printers give very good detail and little to no need to polish but are very expensive to do so. Let me check the design rules, as far as I know, interlocking pieces can not be printed. If your pendant is one solid item that looks like its 2 pieces then it should be fine. I always look at the design rules before I print anything out. Just to see the limitations in minimum detail available, engraving requirements and things like that... every material available here has a different design rule and what I do, when it comes to polishing, even when I manually give my pieces a light polish, I always model the detail with that in mind. For example my cheshire cat. If you see the ring at size 5 1/5, the 3d model has hair detail that is exaggerated, doesnt look too nice as a 3d mode but after printed and polished its perfect. I do this because I hand polish my pieces, but im curious to see premium silver. I hear the outcome looks real nice.

index.php?t=getfile&id=33065&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=33066&private=0

• Attachment: cat 3d.jpg
    (Size: 52.92KB, Downloaded 233 time(s))

• Attachment: cat silver.JPG
    (Size: 1.13MB, Downloaded 239 time(s))

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Old School Vamp Ring [message #68694 is a reply to message #68692 ] Sat, 25 May 2013 21:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Here is what I found on the design rules for silver right now. These two apply to you.

Here are some of the Silver Design Rules

Interlocking or Enclosed Part?: No
Multiple Part per STL: No, except for earrings & cufflinks

You might want to contact customer service just to make sure in order for you to modify your model and save yourself some time.

[Updated on: Sat, 25 May 2013 21:21 UTC]

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
icon14.gif  Re: Old School Vamp Ring [message #68700 is a reply to message #68694 ] Sun, 26 May 2013 01:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
yes, solidscapes are good but to grow my bat in wax would cost around $300 on good resolution and twise as much on highest settings. I love your cat ring, maybe I will even order one for my daughter's birthday later, and thank you for all info, I will contact customer service to check on my model and if any problem I'll just remove the bail and cast it separately

Walter White
Re: Old School Vamp Ring [message #68712 is a reply to message #68700 ] Sun, 26 May 2013 09:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
So..........

What machines do Shapeways use for their silver casting?

Bill Bedford
Re: Old School Vamp Ring [message #68717 is a reply to message #68712 ] Sun, 26 May 2013 13:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
probably the ones from Stratatys and 3D systems

Walter White
Re: Old School Vamp Ring [message #68727 is a reply to message #68717 ] Sun, 26 May 2013 19:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
Well, Statasys own Solidscape.......

Bill Bedford
Re: Old School Vamp Ring [message #68728 is a reply to message #68727 ] Sun, 26 May 2013 19:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
really? I didn't know that. I thought Solidscape was a stand alone Co.

Walter White
Re: Old School Vamp Ring [message #68736 is a reply to message #68728 ] Mon, 27 May 2013 00:06 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Owned by Stratasys since May 2011.

Previous Topic:Trabant in N Gauge (1:160)
Next Topic:Slice 7x7x7 by OSKAR

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.