Issues with manifold...

Discussion in 'Software and Applications' started by SomniumDS, Sep 25, 2009.

1. SomniumDS
    SomniumDS Member
    I've gone through the model bit by bit... I've covered up every hole, welded every vert, straightened all the normals... even done the cleanup check... still no luck... is there something wrong with it? Anyone with Maya 2010 can help would be most appreciated... also if anyone knows how to put Collada plugin into Maya 2010... it would be awesome...

Attached Files:

2. __DF__
    __DF__ Member
    Hi there, I checked your file.

I think the problem was duplicated vertices. Usually, I solve this by going to Edit Mesh > Merge option box.
    Check this screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    Collada plugin for maya 2010 is not ready yet I think. When it will be, you can get it from the collada website: http://opencollada.org/download.html

I have attached your file by applying the merge vertices tool. Check it and see if it works now.

All the best,
    DF

Attached Files:

3. SomniumDS
    SomniumDS Member
    nice! i shall try it now... thank you!

4. SomniumDS
    SomniumDS Member
    sigh... no change... i'll keep working on it... hopefully something will make it work

5. bartv
    bartv Member
    I'd like to check that file for you, but I can't ready Maya files. Can you post it as STL? (Or mail it to bart@shapeways.com).

Cheers,

Bart

6. SomniumDS
    SomniumDS Member
    i'll do that once i get home... currently at school

7. SomniumDS
    SomniumDS Member
    sry for replying so late... here's the file at a STL

Attached Files:

8. 25182_deleted
    25182_deleted Member
    Try this.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  9. SomniumDS
    SomniumDS Member
    yes! finally it worked :D... but its too small hehe... i'll resize it in Accutrans and re-upload... thanks you!!