Home » Support » Buying » deleting model after ordering
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
deleting model after ordering [message #67671] Wed, 08 May 2013 23:30 UTC Go to next message
avatar Keymaker  is currently offline Keymaker
Go to my shop
Hi

If i disable selling option or delete model from my shop and someone has order it, will it cancel his order or not?

The only thing that limits us is our imagination.
Re: deleting model after ordering [message #67674 is a reply to message #67671 ] Thu, 09 May 2013 02:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Disable selling: NO
Delete Model... maybe?

As you upload them, each model is stamped with a version #.
When you upload a new version, it gets a new version #.

When the customer orders, the specific version # as of the moment of the order is recorded.
That way, if you upload a new version, the customer still gets "the one they ordered".

I'm not sure what happens if you delete the model from your shop entirely.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: deleting model after ordering [message #67675 is a reply to message #67671 ] Thu, 09 May 2013 02:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FreeRangeBrain  is currently offline FreeRangeBrain
Go to my shop
As I understand it (and I'm willing to be proven wrong) once ordered, the print will be made and sold. Deletions or removals from sale will not affect current orders.

Creativity - sometimes by the brute force method.
Re: deleting model after ordering [message #67696 is a reply to message #67671 ] Thu, 09 May 2013 13:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Email support. I'm not saying that they can or will, but they may be able to do something if the items was say for sale unintentionally or something.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Cost of coffee cup
Next Topic:material differences question