Home » Support » 3D Design » Something is wrong, but I do not get what is wrong.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Something is wrong, but I do not get what is wrong. [message #67659] Wed, 08 May 2013 19:49 UTC Go to next message
avatar lgrfbs  is currently offline lgrfbs
Go to my shop
My friend leifsson asked my to make some stl-files, but now we do not understand what is wrong with the design.

This is what leifsson get in the email + the images:
Quote:

Hi leifsson,

We're really sorry to let you know that there was a problem with your recent order. These design(s) could not be 3D printed in the material selected:

Grundborr-Expander2 X6 in Frosted Ultra Detail
Reason: Bad file
Additional information: The file contains shells which aren't attached correctly, printing it will result in them not being attached and lost in the printer.
Grundborr-Expander1 X6 in Frosted Ultra Detail
Additional information: The file contains shells which aren't attached correctly, printing it will result in them not being attached and lost in the printer.
Grundborr2 X6 in Frosted Ultra Detail
Grundborr1 X6 in Frosted Ultra Detail

Please take a look at the attached images for further explanation. We've highlighted a few areas that will cause issues when printing.

Given the nature of 3D printing (converting digital files into physical products), every now and then we catch designs that will be too fragile to create in certain materials. Though we do our best to defy the laws of physics and try to find these issues as early as possible, some are only found during the manufacturing process.

We have credited your account, which you can use to purchase anything on Shapeways. If you do not wish to order anything else at this time, please let us know and we will arrange a refund.

Amount Credited: €###.##

View My Credits

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Your continued satisfaction is our top priority, so if there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know!

Kind regards,

The Shapeways Service Team

index.php?t=getfile&id=32036&private=0

The file "All files.zip" do have all stl-files and images from shapeways.

if the stl-file not was correct, way did them pass the first test of files?
So can any tell what is wrong in this design?

Member of JemtRallarna
Re: Something is wrong, but I do not get what is wrong. [message #67663 is a reply to message #67659 ] Wed, 08 May 2013 22:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Quick first guess - not all of these parts are attached to the sprue, and the individual parts are too small
to print them without it ? Try checking your file with netfabb studio basic and/or running it through the free
netfabb cloud service to coalesce all parts into one "shell".
Re: Something is wrong, but I do not get what is wrong. [message #67697 is a reply to message #67659 ] Thu, 09 May 2013 13:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva is currently online Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I looked at the file in netfabb, and your pieces are very close together, but it's impossible to see (at least with my experiance) if their are gaps. If you can join all your pieces together before uploading, that should resolve any issues, But it looks like some may be either sitting face to face, or not have any contact at all.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Something is wrong, but I do not get what is wrong. [message #67699 is a reply to message #67697 ] Thu, 09 May 2013 13:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I loaded one of the files in NetFab but I a all okey there.
New STL file for testing

Member of JemtRallarna
Re: Something is wrong, but I do not get what is wrong. [message #67728 is a reply to message #67699 ] Thu, 09 May 2013 19:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
Some of the walls are too thin . Check the design rules for each of the materials.
http://www.shapeways.com/materials/frosted-detail-design-gui delines

index.php?t=getfile&id=32169&private=0

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: Something is wrong, but I do not get what is wrong. [message #67773 is a reply to message #67659 ] Fri, 10 May 2013 11:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
In the images, the parts in green are one shell, the parts in blue are seperate shells.

Paul

Re: Something is wrong, but I do not get what is wrong. [message #67794 is a reply to message #67773 ] Fri, 10 May 2013 18:27 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thank you all!
about hole with dimension 0.2mm in wall I had forgotten to check out precisely the dimension, drawn just as the sketch showed without thinking, embarrassing. Embarassed

Member of JemtRallarna

Previous Topic:Looking for a website with 3D Food design layouts
Next Topic:Printed Threads?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.