Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » General Discussion » Trying to search--help please
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Trying to search--help please [message #67602] Tue, 07 May 2013 22:31 UTC Go to next message
avatar IrishRover  is currently offline IrishRover
Go to all my models
Is there any trick to searching shapeways? I am having trouble. For example, I type "HO locomotive" and get HO scale dumpsters, a water tanker, a slag car--all sorts of unrelated things. Help? Please?

Welcome to the 2 foot gauge North Central Railroad...ALL ABOARD...
Re: Trying to search--help please [message #67614 is a reply to message #67602 ] Wed, 08 May 2013 07:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
The search in Shapeways does not really work. As you have discovered, it is pretty random.

There have been threads discussing this, and changes that we would like made but nothing has happened yet. An example thread is this one http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th=1 2589&goto=60925#msg_60925

In practice you might be better off using Google try typing HO Locomotives and Shapeways and see what you get...
Re: Trying to search--help please [message #67631 is a reply to message #67614 ] Wed, 08 May 2013 14:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
Use google, use 'site:' to restrict the search to shapeways and '-search' to avoid returns from shapeways' own search engine. So:-

site:www.shapeways.com HO loco -search

-- brings up 52 results.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 May 2013 14:33 UTC]

Bill Bedford
Re: Trying to search--help please [message #67656 is a reply to message #67631 ] Wed, 08 May 2013 18:26 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
That's a handy tip, Bill.

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Semi scientific strength testing
Next Topic:Automotive and other companies thoughts?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.