Home » Community » General Discussion » Recommendation for CAD and image rendering software
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Recommendation for CAD and image rendering software [message #67588] Tue, 07 May 2013 17:19 UTC Go to next message
avatar kinzlke  is currently offline kinzlke
Go to all my models
Does anyone have any suggestions for beginning software for designing jewelry that will also render decent 3D images? Free or cheap and easy to learn would be best. Blender? Google Sketch??? Blender has all the bells and whistles but its ability to animate seems to make the environment more complicated than necessary.
Re: Recommendation for CAD and image rendering software [message #67611 is a reply to message #67588 ] Wed, 08 May 2013 05:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign is currently online denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
Blender would be better for jewelry. Sketchup is more suited for architectural/mechanical models.

If you're new to 3D printing, learn the secrets from a professional. Get my book "3D Printing with SketchUp"
Re: Recommendation for CAD and image rendering software [message #67640 is a reply to message #67611 ] Wed, 08 May 2013 15:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Many thanks, your reply confirmed my suspicion that it would be worth the time to learn Blender. I
Re: Recommendation for CAD and image rendering software [message #67655 is a reply to message #67588 ] Wed, 08 May 2013 18:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
If I had to do it all over again it would be Blender. However the steep learning curve keeps me away from it when I have software that will already do (for my needs) anything that Blender can do. As I recall you can "switch off" components you will not use, such as animation, but I could be wrong there.

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Recommendation for CAD and image rendering software [message #67698 is a reply to message #67655 ] Thu, 09 May 2013 13:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Glenn,

Thanks for your advice. I also checked out your web site and was impressed by your work.
Re: Recommendation for CAD and image rendering software [message #67703 is a reply to message #67588 ] Thu, 09 May 2013 14:02 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Thank you, and good luck with Blender. It is an incredible piece of software and my hats off to everyone that has helped develop it over the years. If you haven't seen any I would suggest searching out animations made with Blender on their site and on YouTube...

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Automotive and other companies thoughts?
Next Topic:3D Printed Handgun finally built

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.