Gidday mate!

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by 165455_deleted, May 4, 2013.

1. Hi All,

Danny from Australia here, first post on the forum, I'm not much of a forum person however when I like a place I'll try and join in and help when and where I can.
    Long time Designer/3d modeller, short time Shapy, known about and experienced 3d printing back in the late 80's when they only had Stereolithography 3d printing to produce prototypes for the manufacturing industries costing a few thousand dollars for a single prototype, it's great to see it evolve using different methods, like FDM, SLS and even paper, and at an affordable price too, not only to get things printed but to actually own your own desktop 3d printer is awesome.

So far it's been a great experience here on Shapeways, great site BTW, some of the stuff that people have been producing is amazing and inspirational. Just opened my first online shop https://www.shapeways.com/shops/saurus it's nerving and exciting at the same time. At first I uploaded my models for personal printing projects then seeing all the other shops I thought, what the heck there's no harm in offering my work to the public, if someone purchases one of my pieces great! if not, I'm still happy to be here and do what I enjoy doing, designing and modelling.

Cheers
    Danny

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Welcome! Your product description has already caught some attention ;). Love the way you showed how to assemble.

3. Thanks Michael! Thought I'd make the iPhone cover 'colour customizable' instead of sticking with one colour. I think it works out 56 possible colour combinations with the colour choices, correct me if I'm wrong, that's why the detailed instructions.

Cheers
    Danny