Home » Developers » Shapeways API » Using Shapeways as production backend (e.g., without any interaction with end customer)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Using Shapeways as production backend (e.g., without any interaction with end customer) [message #67327] Thu, 02 May 2013 15:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar martiman  is currently offline martiman
Go to all my models
Hi,

Currently, the Shapeways API seems to be aiming at automating uploads of models and putting it into a basket. However, we would like to have API functionality for ordering, paying and shipping as well. Actually, I thought the whole point of a Shapeway API would be allowing external parties to develop applications that use Shapeways as producer but providing a better user experience (that is, without using the Shapeways webinterface altogether).

Is there any chance on supporting the following features soon?

• Sign in without end customers having to login (with a shapeways account)
  • Ordering automatically (using external app's payment account details)
  • Defining shipment details (same or different for each model)

Best,
Martijn

[Updated on: Thu, 02 May 2013 15:08 UTC]

icon14.gif  Re: Using Shapeways as production backend (e.g., without any interaction with end customer) [message #67560 is a reply to message #67327 ] Mon, 06 May 2013 19:17 UTC Go to previous message
avatar FabMeJewelry  is currently offline FabMeJewelry
Go to my shop
We want the same thing here, thanks for bringing it up @martiman.

At the moment we're using the shapeways widget but that is only 10% of what we want : www.fabmejewelry.com

Any more shop owners that are looking for this ?

Karen & Wesley - FabMeJewelry.com - Set a course, for the future !

Previous Topic:AbFab3D 1.0 Release
Next Topic:Help with Automatic Ordering from my Site?