Home » Community » Work in progress » First attempt, is this going to print hollow?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
First attempt, is this going to print hollow? [message #67312] Thu, 02 May 2013 05:54 UTC Go to next message
avatar yaksha42  is currently offline yaksha42
Go to all my models
Hello, I am very new to modelling and 3D printing, but I was hoping I could create something pretty small and simple. I used SketchUp to create the model, very basic, and I uploaded it and the pricing is fine for me. My concern is that it's going to be hollow. I actually have no idea how thick the plastic is going to be. Is there an easy way to "fill it in"? I'd like it as solid and non-squishy as possible. Any other comments would be appreciated. Smile

Attached the file.

Re: First attempt, is this going to print hollow? [message #67323 is a reply to message #67312 ] Thu, 02 May 2013 12:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Get NetFabb. Open it up and you'll see what you'll get. If you build a cube with just 6 walls, it'll be solid.

So your piece looks solid to me

[Updated on: Thu, 02 May 2013 12:55 UTC]

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: First attempt, is this going to print hollow? [message #67331 is a reply to message #67323 ] Thu, 02 May 2013 16:43 UTC Go to previous message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
As Michael said get http://www.netfabb.com/basic.php It will measure, check, repair and scale your model. WYSIWYG.
If you cannot see the inside the model will be solid.
One other comment. As you draw a circle or arc in Sketchup. Decide how many sides on the circle or arc you want.Type in the number of sides wanted.
The bigger the number the smoother the circle or arc. You will see the difference if you pick 'View - Hidden Geometry'
index.php?t=getfile&id=31697&private=0

• Attachment: image.png
    (Size: 26.55KB, Downloaded 123 time(s))

[Updated on: Thu, 02 May 2013 16:46 UTC]

jacantdesign@gmail.com

Previous Topic:Star Wars Millenium Falcon star ship
Next Topic:Chrysalis Pendant